Marc_H

Midi: Filtering and/or Mapping

Hi,
i am trying to come over my lack of a dedicated master keyboard.
What i want do do is:

Separate my 88-key-DigiPiano into
1: Bass Sound on the low 2 octaves
2: Pad on the middle part of the keyboard
3: Have a (transposed) Lead Sound on the upper octaves.

Any chance of Midi Filtering to rout my keyboard to 3 different VSTs i real time?

Regards
Marc

Nothing like this exists in Samplitude at this moment. However I will be lobbying for them to improve the situation so that you can stack multiple VSTi's on one track and filter the various ranges. Although when or whether something like this will happen I can't say.

Regards

Kraznet

You can do it I think with bome midi translator and make a range of note for each chanel.

I dont know if your keyboard can send on different chanels.

Or use your vst inside independence and then you can choose note range for the selected vst.

Can´t you do it with an external MIDI app like MIDI yoke?

I've no idea but the last version of Midi Yoke was released in 2007 so I'm not sure how compatible it would be with current operating systems. Also I just tried installing it and I can't find anywhere and it doesn't even show up in the remove programs menu.

Or use your vst inside independence and then you can choose note range for the selected vst.

That's an interesting idea I'll have to try it out.

That's an interesting idea I'll have to try it out.

Yes, also an idea. But there´s the question of system load for such a small task.

Yes, also an idea. But there´s the question of system load for such a small task.

I'll let you know as soon as I've managed to scan the VST plug-ins within Independence. It's not exactly smooth going at the moment.

Sorry, just seen, MIDI yoke can´t do it. Bome MIDI tranlator looks really more promising, but I didn´t find anything in the manual. Don´t have time to look either right now, maybe you guys can find something?

http://www.bome.com/bome/downloads/manuals/miditranslator_manual.pdf

I can try to check it out I have pro version here so I could work something. I dont know if the free version will do it.

I will let you know and if I have a preset I will attach it. Dont count on it before thursday.

Yannick

I'll let you know as soon as I've managed to scan the VST plug-ins within Independence. It's not exactly smooth going at the moment.

OK I gave up in the end. After copying the VST plug-ins into the independence program data folder. I restarted Samplitude and opened independence. Samplitude then became unresponsive for 15 minutes in the meanwhile it also caused my browsers to freeze when trying to use the Internet. I ended up stopping the process from the task manager. I have tried it 3 times now and I would imagine the reason Samplitude is non-responsive is because its scanning for plug-ins although there is no message to say this. For my last attempt I waited 20 minutes without any joy while Samplitude remained unresponsive. I doubt if MAGIX have bothered to even check this feature since they bought out Yellow Tools. If you want to use multiple VSTi is on the same track with zone mapping I suggest trying Studio One V3. In the meantime I will try scanning independence VSTi's before I go to bed and leave overnight so I don't sit to feeling like a Charlie while Windows becomes quirky.

I was thinking about something like Midi-Plugins attachable to a track or Part which might do some filtering in NoteRange oder MIDI-Channels.

I do have the Freeware "VSTHost" which is able to do such things but proved somewhat unstable in my setting.

Regards

Marc

Hello Kraznet,

Yeah the scanning also is a nightmare I tought you could have a better results. I have also the freezing problem when scaning and as you said there is no message about what is causing the problem. I had a good result one time but after that when I had to reinstall it didn't work.

Maybe also sensomusic would be a plugin into the host that could work. plogue bidule or other freeware.

Hi,

i am trying to come over my lack of a dedicated master keyboard.

What i want do do is:

Separate my 88-key-DigiPiano into

1: Bass Sound on the low 2 octaves

2: Pad on the middle part of the keyboard

3: Have a (transposed) Lead Sound on the upper octaves.

Any chance of Midi Filtering to rout my keyboard to 3 different VSTs i real time?

Regards

Marc

Hi Marc,

So what I can do for now is give you the low keys to B1 for your bass sound. C2 to B3 for your pad and C4 to the higher octaves for your lead sounds. How it will work is that the 3 keyboard sections will send note on different chanels so you 3 vst tracks will receive note from 3 channels at the same time giving you the possibility to control 3 of them at the same time.

Let me know if it is a good solution for you. We can try afterwards to adjust the range of the pad section if you want.

Also I would like to have a more specific spec of your keyboard.

Yannick.

Yes my range are ok the bass will be at ch 1, pad ch 2, lead ch 3. I suppose that the keyboard will send messages at ch 1 and the rest will be routed.

Hi,

Here is the file. On project properties choose you keyboard port for the input and for the ouput use a bome midi port. Close the input port in your samplitude midi menu if you dont want a problem if it is a usb port.

The keyboard as to send midi to chanel 1

Vst will receiver on the 1,2 and 3 chanels.

Since there is one pitch bend and one modwheel they are use across for all of the 3 at the same time. Maybe I could try to seperate the pitch bend and modwheel depending on the range that it is used.

Let me know if you find it useful.

Multi keyboard 3 ch.rar

HI James,

thanks for the download, i just have no clue whatsoever how to deal with a bmtp-File in Samp-MusicStudio.

Same with the Tracktion Midi-Plugs mentioned abow that i can use with Tracktion but have no idea how to apply those within the SAMP-context.

What am i missing?

Regards

Marc

For bome since I have rules in the preset you will have to download the pro trial version at :

http://www.bome.com/products/miditranslator/downloads

Extract the file with winrar

Install bome

In bome open the preset

In the line Multi keyboard 3 ch.bmpt right click to project properties

Choose the midi input of your keyboard by opening the port you will see in the port state "open"

Choose the midi output that will be use by bome to communicate with other software like samplitude same with the port state "open"

Save your preset in the preset file of bome that should be in your user documentation in bome folder preset

Open samplitude go in setup menu (Y)

In midi menu uncheck the midi input of your keyboard

Check the midi input you will use with bome

Close the menu

Create 3 tracks with your vst

Each track as ch1, 2, 3

Choose you midi in in your track that you use with bome

And you would be able to see when you press your keyboard section the track corresponding to the midi chanel of your keys.

That should be good to go.

MIDI Ox does this, but it's future support going forward with Windows 10, etc. is in question.