Coxy

News on Samplitude Pro-X3

Now I've got your attention...

Is there any news on this?

What length are the release cycles for new/updated versions of Samplitude generally?

I'm grown accustomed to Steinbergs fairly predictable release schedules - But don't fear I won't be going back!

Hi Coxy,

Absolutely no news on Pro X3 at the moment. There was a recent patch .205 but nothing to report with regards to new patches. The next patch will probably be in the New Year sometime. I have a feeling (although I have no inside information) that Pro X3 will be a 2016 summer release although I have seen no evidence of its existence even as a beta tester plus I'm not really allowed to say anything even if it did exist. So I'd better shut up now wacko.png

Regards

Kraznet

For ProX3 i'd like:

Less clutter/"lines" in the VIP window, like the universal mouse mode "horizontal" line, diagonal "lock" line etc.

ARA

Extended VST3

Audiowarp

Manage AQ-markers from VIP

DDP export for Samplitude/Suite

Dockable mixer

Aside from correction of bugs I just want real, global, year 2016 automation abilities in Samplitude.

Of corse these should have been included in ProX2, in my opinion. Can´t understand why not.

I still love Samplitude.

Rods

I hope Pro X3 will be an improvement on functions and a general bugfix also for the VST3 interface.

A additive synth was also a great thing like Harmor from IL!

i would like samplitude pro X13

a Linux version in Redhat or Ubuntu

because there is more stability

there are lots of good engineers admiting that samplitude is so good for editing and postproduction than any other DAW

but they are hesitating to move to sam because of windows

I've been looking at wish lists for Samp releases since 6.1 was just a rumor....but why not, playing is free.

-Modular, so people don't buy crap they don't want/will never use....

-Workable EQ to match the outstanding compression and reverbs...

-Cooperative hardware/software sharing with major league players such as UAD or Radar...

I've been looking at wish lists for Samp releases since 6.1 was just a rumor....but why not, playing is free.

-Cooperative hardware/software sharing with major league players such as UAD or Radar...

Do you not like the EQ116?

There's nothing musical about it but for neutral, surgical use I find it absolutely bang on.

-Modular? I think you are asking for Samplitude to become a complete mess.

-EQ1176 sounds very good IMO, it just lacks a sexy GUI.

-I'd rather get a faster i7 then having Magix spend time working on Samplitude running on different architectures. Reserve your UAD for plugins.

TBH, pretty crazy suggestions :)

- grouping automation points!

- clone track

- track bounce - bus/ aux , mono stereo track exporting

I always hurt because of lack of that features. Sometimes it drives me crazy.

- color preset for elastic audio

Yes, I would like (like some other DAWs have right now):

- nested sequences (VIP in a VIP) and/or render in place (best with a user generated render bundle e. g.: selected tracks dry AND selected tracks with efx, AND selected tracks with FX chain/track settings AND stereo master: all that with one click (after setting up the job queue)

- time track for all content

- auto sync function to a mastertrack, like in melodyne (inklusive time warping) for better and easier comping or ADR or doubling

- ALL FX and Plugins please in 64 bits - no more gaps!

- better mapping functions for independence (doesn't work with my EWI USB (breath controller))

- loundness automation like in sequoia or nuendo

- bring back the pure dongle - no more internet activation before

- mp3 realtime comparsion in master like izotope

- dynamic eq

- where is your former partnership with sampletank/IK? Samplitude is loosing functions after upgrade, like ac3 export, old sampletank says: "not right host" and so on.

- please watch your competitors: logic, nuendo, studio one, even reaper has some new nice functions, Sam doesn't have. Sam is highclass in price (in former times more worst), but it hasn't anymore the best and most innovative functions. It is still a nice program with all butter and bread functions and some more nice feature, but the unique features are getting rare... there must be a big upgrade next time! Or a lifetime upgrade bundle like fruityloops :-)

someone earlier mentioned automation.

this aspect of the app is so in need of an overhaul it's not funny.

i do automation intensive EDM with a lot of softsynths (i know i'm in the minority here)

the automation has me ripping my hair out for the following reasons:

* no track lanes... with track lanes we wouldn't need all the complex mouse modes for switching to and from automation data and visually the various lines would be much easier to see and edit. (must be the only major DAW still without them atm)

* selecting automation data nodes often results in additional unintended nodes being selected.. it's tedious and slows me down a lot.

*when i nudge objects around that have track level automation, the automation moves at the beginning & end of the object get corrupted & create automation movements that were never intended and require tedious zooming in to edit out.. another one that slows me down to the point where i have to ask myself if this is worth enduring. (this is by far the worst part)

also, to a lesser extent, better folder track structure (like indentation and better colour management) would be good.

also, the way the folder tracks show tiny little lanes representing all contained tracks is stupid.. looks cluttered/confused once the tracks start to build up & is only worsened as further nested folders are added (such as in Orchestral mock-ups)

i'm playing with cubase atm & it handles this side of things very well..

automation and general layout/arrange window management is far better..

of course, Samp/Seq blow Cubase away for audio focused work.. & people will argue that they each lean different ways but i wish Magix would take composing/midi more seriously & grow their user base in that area rather than adding more esoteric audio focused features that most people won't use.

i don't want to hop between DAW's for different uses.. Cubase for composing or midi focused work, Samp/Protools for mixing or audio focused work.. I just want to focus on one DAW.. this may never be really possible but Samp isn't that far off being that DAW for me.. the others will most likely never have samps more indepth capabilites.. but samp just needs automation and arrange window features brought up to date and it would be the best out there.

expression maps would be nice too but i'll stop now.

And please hire spyros from birdline to make you some skins. It is almost like a parallel universe to work with his skins.

After subscribing "Mix With The Masters Videos" I feel even more "frustrated" than I was because of the poor options we have in Samplitude related to automation and "session data import". I think these features are really really important in todays DAW world and MAGIX keeps delaying major upgrades in these areas.

How about this:

New name: Samplitude Pro or Samplitude Professional - no numbers or X's, no Pro X3.

Program update:

• Unlimited use of program*
  • Always get the latest version at time of purchase
  • Plus: all new features for free for 1 year

*With the update guarantee you will receive a full year of free new features and updates, which can be used indefinitely. If you reinstall the program after one year, you will have access to the basic version. After the one-year update guarantee has expired you can extend it for a discounted price.

Strange? This is what Magix has on the Magix.com site for the new Audio & Music Lab Premium (AMLP). The previous version was 2016; now there is no mention of the version.

As a reply to a ticket, Magix said: "All new product lines are not running version numbers anymore as we are moving to a different model with the software that will remain with one version a lot longer but have more updates."

This sounds like a type of subscription plan, but without losing the use of the program after one year.

To see some of the other new features, take a look at AMLP or Samplitude Music Studio 2016 on the Magix.com site. The basic Spectral cleaning tool now in AMLP has a bypass so that you can playback with and without the selected area (for those who don't have C&R). See link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fp3ij9x980i2abz/AMLP%20Spectral%20tools1.jpg?dl=0

Other changes will likely be to the UI of some tools, like Denoiser - see link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q29xl1qhx2bd2k7/AMLP%20Denoiser.jpg?dl=0

John

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.