Sign in to follow this  
Sean2016

Spectral Cleaning - Please Help!

Hello everyone,

I'm a new member to this community and was hoping that someone could help me.

I have a 40 minute live audio recording, which sadly has almost constant very loud feedback at 467 Hz making it quite unusable.

I tried using the Spectral Cleaning function in Sequoia to remove it and it worked beautifully.

However, the Spectral Cleaning window only displays 45 seconds of audio and only lets me select 2.5 seconds of audio at a time.

So I would like to know if there is an easy way to get the Spectral Cleaning function in Sequoia to select the entire 40 minute recording and then remove the 467 Hz feedback from it all at once.

I would really appreciate any help regarding this matter, as I have only just started using Sequoia.

Best Wishes, Sean.

spectral cleaning in its present form is not meant to work on long audiofiles.

there is a setting though, somewhere in systemsettings, where you can specify the length it reads to work on.

there is also a warning that this needs a lot of ram, so you may experiment what your system is able to accept.

the length of the selection is not changeable as far as i know.

you could also experiment with the denoiser fo your task. take a noise print and import it into the denoiser and see how it deals with it.

this is more the tool for constant noises/tones you want to eliminate. it is quite powerful, but you also need to learn to use it.

the newly released tool (spectral layers) from the audiotools that magix acquired from sony (soundforge, etc.) would be exactly what you are looking fore. but it is another investment, maybe have a look ...

Another thing that you might try is instead of using Spectral Cleaning, use the FFT Filter to create a narrow notch at the problem frequency, on the track or objects depending on how much of the track is affected. I've used that for bells and airplane noises in some of my homily recordings with good success.

For spectral things (and denoise, dehum...) I prefer to use iZotope RX5.

It doesn't moan if a file is long, accepts long high res. files of some GB and does it work flawlessly on complete concert recordings of 2 and more hrs.

- If the file is longer, the rendering process will take longer, that's all.