Scott473

Independence Pro download content SLOW

Recently upgraded to Pro X 3 Suite. As a last step I'm trying to install the massive 70G of content for Independence Pro. I ran the content downloader from within Independence and it is crawling. I have a 75Mb connection which is consistent so this would normally only take a few hours. There seems only one option from within Independence which is to complete the task in one operation. That may not complete even running all night. I'm not sure what it will do of I have to cancel it.

Is there any way to download the content packs one at a time to make this setup process less painful?

Thanks,

Scott

False Alarm, the projected 37 hour download finally sped up at some point in the night and completed. ☺

Hurray!

Mine took overnight as well, even with a 100mbps connection. (I've since downgraded to 50mbps finding very few servers that could keep up with such blazing speed for delivery...)

Terry

Yeah, there is that whole upstream speed issue. :-)

Is it still the same? Cause every time i try it's ridiculously slow so i quit! Maybe I'll try it tonight. But if anyone has more advise regarding this please let me know. Like, you know if it's better to install directly from Independence when it opens?

5 hours ago, Kraznet said:

Wow that's pretty insane are you using dial-up??

Regards, Kraznet

Hi Kraznet, no. Download speed it not an issue here. The morning after i have downloaded only 9.78 GB. it says there's 70 hrs left and then it moves to 30 hrs(the lowest reading so far.  55hrs now.  I could tell it was starting to pick up speed after 400 mb and now it's clearly faster but it still very slow. What should i do?

2 minutes ago, dingowako said:

Hi Kraznet, no. Download speed it not an issue here. The morning after i have downloaded only 9.78 GB. it says there's 70 hrs left and then it moves to 30 hrs(the lowest reading so far.  55hrs now.  I could tell it was starting to pick up speed after 400 mb and now it's clearly faster but it still very slow. What should i do?

I'm not sure but maybe it's possible to contact MAGIX and see if they can send you the Independence content on DVDs? I think they've done that in the past for people. Providing they have them in stock that is. Failing that I guess you'll just have to tough it out and wait for the download to finish.

Regards, Kraznet

4 minutes ago, Kraznet said:

I'm not sure but maybe it's possible to contact MAGIX and see if they can send you the Independence content on DVDs? I think they've done that in the past for people. Providing they have them in stock that is. Failing that I guess you'll just have to tough it out and wait for the download to finish.

Regards, Kraznet

Haha! toughing it out describe how i feel about it. I'll probably do that i guess. Thanks.

I'm also getting a slooooow download (time remaining in four digits). In desperation, I shut down my computer and rebooted and found something I hadn't found an answer to, and this makes me think I can just "tough it out" too: downloading through Samplitude, if I cancel the download, I get the option to keep all of the files downloaded so far (which I did). Then, after rebooting the computer and starting up Samplitude again, it picked up right where I left off, in the middle of downloading a file. So, yes, the download can be done in chunks rather than 70Gb all in one massive effort.

49 minutes ago, Tony Shaffer said:

I'm also getting a slooooow download (time remaining in four digits). In desperation, I shut down my computer and rebooted and found something I hadn't found an answer to, and this makes me think I can just "tough it out" too: downloading through Samplitude, if I cancel the download, I get the option to keep all of the files downloaded so far (which I did). Then, after rebooting the computer and starting up Samplitude again, it picked up right where I left off, in the middle of downloading a file. So, yes, the download can be done in chunks rather than 70Gb all in one massive effort.

Great! That was gonna be my next question. I too noticed the keep the files option. But I'n not downloading thru Samplitude. It should do that same i would think.

Oh well, so long as i get it for Christmas. hehe!

Same with me, day 2 now almost halfway there... I thought maybe there were a bunch of us downloading at the same time due to the current sale causing the slow speed. 

Last night i downloaded as much in 6 hrs than i did in the previous 26 hrs or so. I've downloaded 36.4 GB so far. I hope it'll be the same tonight. But I'm not too optimistic with all these crazy deals MAGIX has going right now. There's the Humble Software Bundle: VEGAS Pro that is going on as well.

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/vegas-pro-creative-freedom

I'm also experiencing this. Have >100MB/s broadband, but seeing 0.5 - 1.5 MB/s download speeds...just running overnight all the time.

Just as a point of reference, I'm a SONAR refugee, and the downloads were often 1-2 GB, which would take a minute or two. 

No choice but to tough it out...I have a service call in, but it seems that waiting for MAGIX to respond and then send media is likely to take a lot longer.

8 hours ago, shmuelyosef said:

I'm also experiencing this. Have >100MB/s broadband, but seeing 0.5 - 1.5 MB/s download speeds...just running overnight all the time.

Just as a point of reference, I'm a SONAR refugee, and the downloads were often 1-2 GB, which would take a minute or two. 

No choice but to tough it out...I have a service call in, but it seems that waiting for MAGIX to respond and then send media is likely to take a lot longer.

I have mirrored it on my One Drive as mentioned in this pinned topic:

Regards, Kraznet

On 11/7/2016 at 7:00 AM, TerryBritton said:

Hurray!

Mine took overnight as well, even with a 100mbps connection. (I've since downgraded to 50mbps finding very few servers that could keep up with such blazing speed for delivery...)

Terry

I went the opposite direction, from 100 to 200 and then their max, 400, which eliminated the monthly data limit. I've found plenty of CDNs (Content Delivery Network) that can deliver to me at full speed.

I got the first 67 GB of the download at my full speed. The last 3 GB took over an hour. Wasn't a problem on my end, though. So, the whole download took about 6.5 hours. If you got all of that overnight with a 50 Mbps internet link...congratulations! You've got an excellent connection!

When Superior Drummer 3 was released, the installer .EXE download from Toontrack was super slow (they were getting slammed). Once I got the installer, however, the CDN Toontrack was using delivered at full speed (took longer to install than download the 230 GB).

When dealing with small company servers, you're quite correct. Arturia, for example.

At $10 extra per tier, it's just not enough savings for me to make downgrading worthwhile.