Hello,
the basic functions are accessible, you can load existing hardware controllers, and to a certain point customise them.
The trouble starts when you want to create your own. I tried assigning a foot switch sending midi CC65 to the record button, in order to trigger record on/off, and still keep my hands on my keyboard.
Fortunately, I succeeded with the help of a sighted friend. But some of the things he clicked on were not even spoken by Jaws.
What is spoken for the moment is:

add new ,

function select even though the button is not labelled, but the list can still be opened.
The MIDI learn checkbox,
and nothing else for the moment. There is something missing to make it all work, but I can't really tell you where it is and how it is called.
Thanks for investigating,
Best regards,
JPR

Hi there,
here is a follow-up.
When you check the MIDI learn checkbox and send a MIDI message, a new element is created in the controller. What's invisible to Jaws is the element type list. Samplitude will try to guess what type it is, but will sometimes be wrong. For example, when I pressed my midi foot switch, Samplitude assumed it was a pushbutton, when what I wanted was a button. A sighted person was able to change this for me by accessing the controller type list.
Hope you can do something about this, and also label the controller function assign list,(this is where I chose to assign it to the record button).

Cheers,
JPR

Is it possible, that your friend who helps you can make a screenshot for us and he draw a circle around the controls, that are not spoken? that would help us very much.

Dear TomW.

With pleasure, but you will have to tell me how one draws a circle around something. I know how to make screenshots but not how to draw circles. What software should I use for this?
Best regards,
JPR

good morning,

i thought your friend can help you, then he can do it easy with paint. for a blind user, i think it is not so easy. :-(

Thank you Tom,
I didn't know you could do this with paint. I will ask my sighted friend to help me.
Regards.

I do not know about this however Kraznet uses some software to record tutorials.

Perhaps you could use it to accomplish the purpose...

Kraz??

Hey Tom,
if you feel like it, that would be great.
Take Jaws last version please.
I quote myself from my previous message, so you know what to look for.

"When you check the MIDI learn checkbox and send a MIDI message, a new element is created in the controller. What's invisible to Jaws is the element type
list. Samplitude will try to guess what type it is, but will sometimes be wrong. For example, when I pressed my midi foot switch, Samplitude assumed it
was a pushbutton, when what I wanted was a button. A sighted person was able to change this for me by accessing the controller type list."

Tell me how it goes please.

Best,

JPR

Did this issue ever got fixed? New user of Samplitude. I just got myself a Behringer X-touch, and I am in the process of configuring the hardware.

I need a way to click on the list of elements to bring them in focus as a list, then I can right click on them to change or modify the function. For now, JAWS sees the checkboxes, and nothing else while tabbing around.