jprykiel

Samplitude, track templates requested

Hi all.
This is something I have seen in other  DAWS, which I would love to have in Samplitude as well.
I would like to be able to save/load sets of tracks with their own settings, including  routings,  EQs, aux sends, effects and so on, to be able to import them into existing projects.
I know we have project templates, this is good, but track template would be wonderful .
Please see this unresolved topic from the Samplitude software related forum.
http://support2.magix.net/boards/samplitude/index.php?/topic/48661-what-can-be-made-into-a-template/#comment-263998
regards,
JPR

Hey JPR. Agreed. Track templates would be a real time saver. Thinking about it all we need is a way to import another template into the VIP of an existing template. Perhaps an import template option in the file menu would be great and not too hard to implement as a lot of the code for doing this is already there. Further more this would be a great time saver for sighted users as good accessibility is good accessibility for all ;-)

You can copy/paste sets of tracks from one VIP into another.  And you can save/load individual track settings.

Sure, Gunmetal, you can do that, but then you would have to remember what project your tracks came from. Templates would be a more convenient way, I mean, you could also say you don't need project templates because you can always copy a project and work on its copy, it's just that templates make things so much easier don't you think?

Best,

JPR

I’m just pointing out that right now there are methods available to achieve the desired workflow.  Some sort of insert multi-track templates would be awesome.

After mixing a test track, I generally save all my individual tracks as track effect settings to apply to each track when working on a whole album.  If I need to load a lot of tracks, I’ll make a template or use the load mixer settings function.

Hey Gunmetal. As you say you can indeed copy paste tracks across projects. Am with JPR on this one as from a visually impaired user stand-point, importing a template into an existing VIP would be a lot quicker for visually impaired users. Currently we have a special zoom mode in the Samplitude Access scripts that allow us to select tracks to copy. This works well and Steve has done a great job scripting this up. Note: if it were not for Steve scripting this up then it would not be possible at all as Magix do not offer an accessible solution that works with regard to this that could be used by a visually impaired user. Having the ability to import templates would be a time saver for sure :-)

I am glad I found this topic. Another reason for a visually impaired user requiring this feature is that some times, you are dealing with a VST that is inaccessible. After getting sighted help to configure settings to specific preferences, it would be nice to be able to save that configuration in a track template so that one doesn't have to keep having to get the same assistance over and over to accomplish the same task. There are some plugins where the interface is inherently inaccessible.

It's not reasonable to remember in which project and which track contained the desired settings while tracking with or for a client. Reaper has the track template feature and it is an excellent one for the reason I mentioned above.

Hi Rod.

for this particular VST matter, you can save your plug-in settings as FXP files by using the plug-in save function, and reload them with the plug-in load functions which are in the plug-in menu once opened. Every plug-in creates its own folder the first time it's opened and so you don't even have to worry about looking for them afterwards.

Hope that helped,

regards,

JPR