Sign in to follow this  
adnss

Independence free VSTI location

Were dll vsti version of Independence free is located? At first install I've could choose vsti and program location but didn't change and leave it default. After after uninstall I no longer see this option. I can't even change custom install settings where you select vsti to be installed (it's checked). How to really uninstall your software so I could see this option again or where I can find dll so I can load IF DAWs? 

Yes, this.

As I said, I DID try to uninstall and install it again but, even twice. I installed the software 3 times and only at first time I had the option to set VSTi location (I thought it's going to be installed in stainberg vst folder or program folder). After uninstall and another try I DON'T see this option again, and can'T even change components of custom installation.

I spend over 2 hours trying to find dll but failed. My have Windows 7 64bit. I've checked and added locations specified in install.cfg with no success. I've seen there are other Independence directories but still didn't the VSTi. Where is default location or how the dll is named?  

The default location on mine is just C:\Program Files (x86)\VstPlugins\MAGIX\Independence for the 32-bit version, and C:\Program Files\VSTPlugIns\MAGIX\Independence\VSTPlugins64 for the 64-bit version, but I've seen them be installed into the Common Files folder.

One last thought: check the "C:\users\you\Documents\MAGIX Downloads\Installationsmanager" folder for another installer. That one is usually more fully featured.

I do see an Independence_Pro installer in mine.

Terry

At first I was like you could not find independence pro folder...

But then I turned the file manager to view "hidden folder and files" and saw the "ProgramData" folder (Windows 10-home), if you can launch Independence from samplitude then you must have this folder lest you changed the default folder somewhere else.

... It took me awhile to find it but its there...

It should look something like this:

"C:\ProgramData\MAGIX\Independence\VST Plug-Ins"