Tim Z

Revolta 2 Bend Range?

I use a guitar synth and bend range settings are very important for me. I cannot find anywhere in Revolta 2 where I can set the Bend Range. Surely it must have it somewhere. Anyone know?

Thanks for the help. :) Wonder why they hid it so well? I would never have found that. Anyway, I'll have to conclude that Revolta is just not good for use with guitar. I hate to have to spend money on a soft synth that I won't use a lot, but the u-he synths are really good for my use. Will probably purchase Diva. 

Yes I have a MIDI guitar and quite a few soft synths I tried had the Pitchbend setting hidden away. Finding it in Revolta was relatively easy compared to some :-). U-he synths are great I have Bazille and Hive but I haven't tried them with MIDI guitar.

Regards, Kraznet

Yeah, Hive was the other one I really liked, but there is something about Diva that really sticks out for me. Got any other similar VST synths that you might recommend I check out?

9 hours ago, Tim Z said:

Yeah, Hive was the other one I really liked, but there is something about Diva that really sticks out for me. Got any other similar VST synths that you might recommend I check out?

I haven't used my Casio MG510 MIDI guitar for a while plus I also have a Wal 5 string midi bass. I'll have to hook them up. The main thing obviously is that the VSTi allows you to change the pitch bend up/down rate. My midi bass needs it to be set to 8 semitones in order for it to recognise slides, Although it doesn't recognise string bends. The Casio does. I have so many VSTi's and I'm pretty sure most of them will work providing they have this Pitchbend adjustment feature. Although surprisingly some I have tested in the past didn't or were limited. I doubt you can go wrong with any of the U-He VSTi's although I heard Diva is quite CPU hungry. @Sascha who used to work at MAGIX has been working for them for U-he for quite a while so maybe he will chime in on this. 

Regards, Kraznet

I figured out how you set the bend range in Helix. In the Matrix section you select the Pitchw choice and then set the bend range accordingly in that section. It doesn't appear to have settings for up & down though. I find the sound quality of this synth to be very good.