Tim Z

Some Independence Questions

When I open Inde Pro and select a sound, it will open a new window to enter the serial number and my email.    By the way, I was given a P2 activation code.   When I click on the tab "Register and Activate online"  that's when it does nothing.      I was able to create a new account on Magix Pro and register Inde Pro, Samplitude, and Spectra Layers.   It is just that I can't activate Inde Pro and Spectra Layers.   

Are you getting this auth window for Indy? You need to authorise the software Suite and then the library. this is the window for the software Suite authorisation. I tried to authorise my library using the stand-alone version and I get no authorise window pop-up. I'm not sure what the problem with Spectral Layers Pro is.

Indy Standalone Activation Screen.jpg

20 hours ago, PhilM said:

When I entered the purchased serial number in Inde Pro,  it has no effect.  It just freezes up.  The same way with Spectra Layers Pro 4.0 that came with Samplitude Pro X3 Suite that I bought last week.    Waiting to hear from Magix.    In the meantime, I reinstalled Spectral Layers and deleted a few related files in Programdata.  It didn't make any difference.    

I'm experiencing the same problem. But Spectral Layers was OK. I'm in contact with support in regard to that frozen spinning wheel. It happens in Stand alone or within Cubase Ai 9.

40 minutes ago, Kraznet said:

Are you getting this auth window for Indy? You need to authorise the software Suite and then the library. this is the window for the software Suite authorisation. I tried to authorise my library using the stand-alone version and I get no authorise window pop-up. I'm not sure what the problem with Spectral Layers Pro is.

Indy Standalone Activation Screen.jpg

At 1st i didn't authorized Independence cause it looked like it was working fine with the piano but i eventually authorized it and it still freezes when i try to authorize it.

I finally  managed to gain access to Inde Pro library inside Cubase. I was about to give up and then i thought maybe i should try to authorize it from within an other host. Luckily, i got a free copy of SONAR Home Studio in CM Magazine and it worked. From within Cubase, Independent kept telling me to register Independence but that wouldn't work. So i told it to not ask me again and everything seem to be OK. The FX Suite was Black listed in Cubase. Which is what was causing the authorization to freeze maybe? I'm not sure.

That's good news. Yes there's something about the FX Suite it's blacklisted in studio one as well.

Regards, Kraznet

Hoping this thread isn't dead, as I have a question about Independence that seems to fit here. I have Samplitude Pro X3 Suite and therefore the full Independence library - but, as indicated in the Samplitude versions comparison, it only works inside Samplitude. If I want to use Independence and the full library in other DAWs, what do I need to buy - surely not the whole product? Thanks.

In short you need to pay for the library if you want to use it in other DAW's. If you contact Magix it's possible they may give you a discount. I made thread about this awhile back.

Regards, Kraznet

Thanks Kraznet; I suspected as much. I mostly want the orchestral sounds so, much as I like Independence, I picked up Garritan Personal Orchestra 5, currently 50% and a lot less than buying the full Independence package a second time, and of course I still have Independence when I don't mind working in Samplitude. Garritan have some neat compression going on: the whole library came down in a little over 4GB, then expanded to 3 times that.

19 hours ago, madwab said:

Thanks Kraznet; I suspected as much. I mostly want the orchestral sounds so, much as I like Independence, I picked up Garritan Personal Orchestra 5, currently 50% and a lot less than buying the full Independence package a second time, and of course I still have Independence when I don't mind working in Samplitude. Garritan have some neat compression going on: the whole library came down in a little over 4GB, then expanded to 3 times that.

I think you made the right purchase decision. I  respect Garritan products very much.

Also you can always use the Magix Vita String Ensemble which isn't too bad and I think it uses Kirk Hunter samples.

Regards, Kraznet

5abea9376b91c_StringEnsemble.thumb.jpg.8a048509d9b7b991b4b74b91d9214909.jpg