Kraznet

Important information regarding MAGIX plug-ins and virtual instruments

A common question from potential users is whether it's possible to use the MAGIX plug-ins and Independence Pro in other DAW's. The question unfortunately this is no. You would need to buy a separate licence in order to run them in other DAW's. Also the MAGIX Vita instruments are not available for other platforms and only usable in Samplitude. The same applies for Best Service Engine.

Here's a link for the products compatible with third-party DAW's:

http://www.magix.com/gb/pro-audio-plugins/

Regards, Kraznet

Kraznet,

After I read your posts on KVR, I purchased Samplitude Pro x3 Suite and installed Inde Pro, too.   Then I purchased a license for Inde Pro.   I can't activate Inde Pro using the code given by Magix.   Now I noticed that you mentioned "a special installer."   What is it exactly that I need to install?   

Thanks,

Where are you trying to activate Indy Pro? Also did you register it to your Magix Service Centre? https://www.magix.com/ap/mandants/servicecenter/index.php?m=samplitude&lang=uk&module=prodreg

With regard to the "special installer" that was a bit misleading because now that the Samplitude Pro X3 version of Indy uses the same VSTi dll's as would 3rd party DAW's plus the standalone of Independence version is installed here C:\Program Files (x86)\MAGIX\Independence.

Regards, Kraznet

Hi, thanks for this post that answers my questions.

On my Sonar VST scan I find Independence alright (both on x86 and x64) but  I guess now reading your post  I should buy a separate license to  use that out of demo mode on Sonar, right?

What about iZotope Mastering suite? Even if I point my x64 Sonar to the only spot on my C: drive where those dll seems to be (ie the x86 vst folder) i cna't see them in Sonar.

Are those also limited to Samplitude/SF?

THANKS

d

d

With the exception of a very tiny window at the beginning of their inclusion, the iZotope plug-ins bundled with Soundforge have been locked to Soundforge.