sampburn

Installation Sequence for Pro X3 and associated programs

Hi,

I've just got the licenses for the amazing Samplitude Pro X3 Suite and its associated programs.

It's upgrade, so I believe I can install over my Samplitude Pro X2.

I've downloaded the .exe files.  5 in all...

samplitudeprox3suite_int_dlm

izotope_nectarelements

sfp11-izotopemasteringandrepairsuite

soundforgepro11

spectralayerspro4

Is there a best order to install them sequentially?

Thanks,

Seamus

Congratulations on your purchase. I would suggest installing Samplitude Pro X Suite first and get that up and running. You can then install the the rest in the order you have in the list which should be fine. The main thing is getting them all authorised to successfully.

Regards, Kraznet

Hi Kraznet,

Started installing Samplitude Pro X3 Suite just now. I've registered X3 fine.

It installed Sound Forge 11 and iZotope Mastering and Repair along with it. Now installing, after choosing, instruments, Independence, etc.

It seems to have completely ignored my Samplitude Pro X2, ie not installing over it!

That's it so far...

Seamus

42 minutes ago, sampburn said:

Hi Kraznet,

Started installing Samplitude Pro X3 Suite just now. I've registered X3 fine.

It installed Sound Forge 11 and iZotope Mastering and Repair along with it. Now installing, after choosing, instruments, Independence, etc.

It seems to have completely ignored my Samplitude Pro X2, ie not installing over it!

That's it so far...

Seamus

Hi Seamus,

Yes Samplitude Pro X2 Will remain its own folder so you can use both Pro X2 and Pro X3.

Regards, Kraznet

Hi again Kraznet,

Right now...

Pro X3 is installed and registered (all additional instruments and content are there too)

Melodyne is installed and registered (came in with Pro X3)

Sound Forge Pro 11 is installed and registered (came in with Pro X3)

iZotope Mastering and Repair is installed and registered (came in with Pro X3. I registered through SF))

SpectrLayers Pro 4 is installed and registered (I installed it independently)

Problems...

1.  SPX3 is pointing at my original Basic Independence Library. So far, I can’t see how to download the full Independence sampler and library. Need help there.

2.  iZotope Nectar Elements hasn't been installed, nor, it seems, Birdline.  Should I install them independently, using the .exe file izotope_nectarelements?

Seamus

Seamus

1.  SPX3 is pointing at my original Basic Independence Library. So far, I can’t see how to download the full Independence sampler and library. Need help there.

Usually what happens is when you try to insert an instrument it asks if you want to download the library. Go to the Independence library manager and see if the basic library has been added there. I don't think you can delete it but you can turn off by clicking on the left icon next to the library. Then remove independence and insert it again and see if you get a prompt to download the library.

Indy Add Libray.jpg

2.  nor, it seems, Birdline.  

For Birdline skins if they gave you a serial number I think you need to go to the Birdline website where you need to create an account then you can download it from there:

http://skins.birdline.gr/index.php?page=home

iZotope Nectar Elements hasn't been installed,  using the .exe file izotope_nectarelements?

Yes I presume that the installer. I never actually installed that because I had iZotope plug-ins installed already which I had bought previously.

Regards, Kraznet

Hi Kraznet,

Right now...

Birdline registered and iZotope Nectar too. Thanks for that!

Independence Pro Library...

On 9/12/2017 at 7:03 PM, Kraznet said:

Usually what happens is when you try to insert an instrument it asks if you want to download the library. Go to the Independence library manager and see if the basic library has been added there. I don't think you can delete it but you can turn off by clicking on the left icon next to the library. Then remove independence and insert it again and see if you get a prompt to download the library.

I clicked on the left of the Basic Library. It still seemed active (could hear the instruments). Couldn’t figure out how to remove it. I could only see a button for removing a layer.

Clicked Add Library, which took me to my computer, looking for downloaded files, I guess.

Poking around, I found a file independence.content in C:/programfiles/steinberg/vstplugins/Magix/independence/vstplugins64. I clicked on that. It said Independence Pro Library Installer, and (something like) 'Installation interrupted. Do you want to continue?' I pressed continue. Right now the Independence Pro Library is being installed. 5hr 34m left.

Should I remove the Basic Library once this one is in? Not sure exactly how to do that, other than delete/remove it directly from the drive and point to the new Pro version.

Seamus

Update...

Independence Pro in place and all instruments available in Samplitude Pro X3!

I think I'm all set to go now!

Seamus

45 minutes ago, sampburn said:

Update...

Independence Pro in place and all instruments available in Samplitude Pro X3!

I think I'm all set to go now!

Seamus

That's great news I'm glad it worked out in the end.

Regards, Kraznet

I am also new.   I downloaded the install files from my purchase email, but at least the main Samplitude Pro X3 is just a small file that downloads and installs when it runs.  Is there any way to just download the full installers so I separate the download times from the install process?  I am not sure how large the program files will be.   I understand the library file is very large and will take a long time to download.  Thanks.

On 12/9/2017 at 1:00 PM, Kraznet said:

Congratulations on your purchase. I would suggest installing Samplitude Pro X Suite first and get that up and running. You can then install the the rest in the order you have in the list which should be fine. The main thing is getting them all authorised to successfully.

Regards, Kraznet

Hi Kraznet,

I just bought the prox 3 Suite but I cant find some of the pluggins/addons that should be there..?

I can´t find the "cleaning and restoration suite" ; The "Izotope Mastering and repair Suite" It is installed but doesn´t appear in the program the same goes for spectralayer...?

Is there any thing I´m missing? I Installed and authorised everything " succesfully"

Regards

Hi Juan,

Spectral Layers Pro is a stand-alone editor which should be located here : C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MAGIX\SpectraLayers Pro 4.0 
It can be linked from within Samplitude so you can send audio it to it but it's not a plug-in.

Izotope Mastering and repair Suite is for Sound Forge only.

The Cleaning and Restoration suite would have been installed with Samplitude and should be located here : 

C&R Suite Insert Slot.jpg

Regards, Kraznet

Ok I understand  the stand alone then I have to use Soundforge to get acces to the isotope  Mastering...bugger.

I did a rescan of my folders and now the cleaning and restoration suite is there .

Is there any tutorials about how to use the other programs and how to interact with sam?

Very best regards Kraznet

Hi Juan,

I am literally doing a tutorial at the moment showing how Sound Forge and Spectral Layers interact with Samplitude. I should have it online sometime tomorrow. If you're subscribed to my tutorials you should get a notification but I will post it here in the tutorial section anyway.

Regards, Kraznet

Once again you are on top of the game :-)

I´m a subscriber and I will see it for sure.:D

Regards

On 12/13/2017 at 11:28 PM, Kraznet said:

Hi Juan,

I am literally doing a tutorial at the moment showing how Sound Forge and Spectral Layers interact with Samplitude. I should have it online sometime tomorrow. If you're subscribed to my tutorials you should get a notification but I will post it here in the tutorial section anyway.

Regards, Kraznet

Any news on this please?

Hi Juan,

Sorry for the delay but I just need to finish the voice-over and I will have it ready. I will let you know as soon as it's online.

Regards, Kraznet