Johnny Blade

SpectraLayers in Audio Mastering

Hi, I'll try to start learn about SpectraLayers and I'm going to watch some video tutorials and read articles.

Anyway, it seems, in a primary view, that the tool was designed mainly for mixing.

Is SpactraLayers useful for mastering too? Is it a kind of very advanced Samp's Spectral View? Which is its main purposes: clean files, merge files or general editing?

Thanks in advanced... :(

Super useful for mastering. The "cookie-cutter" trick is fantastic (if you have the stems handy)! It is shown in some of the videos I listed at the other Forum post here:

Terry

Thank yoy very much, Terry! I saw your post but I couldn't watch that videos until now.

I'm going to watch all of them very carefully!

Thanks for your answer!! :)

I have played around with SpecLayers and have had a lot of fun so far. It doesn't do everything that is Magix (see what I did there), but I have used it on several things for fixing what I either couldn't or wouldn't bother to do in the past. I found it really useful for cleaning an acoustic guitar part and an acoustic jazz guitar solo part from string scrapes in a pretty revolutionary way, I also managed to remove air noise from a trumpet solo, but I have also used it for some forensic type stuff and it excelled at that. While I was doing all of that I managed to isolate some really interesting sounds that I saved and so I can see what they mean about the sound design aspect too. For me, SpectralLayers was worth the investment in the deal, but I am also loving Samplitude too which I had never taken seriously in the past. I am now really glad the deal came along and that I went for it!

That "cookie-cutter" mixing trick is really cool! I have to remix more stuff using it. Lately, I have a ton of new recordings all with proper stems that I can play with this using.

Yep, Spectralayers is a very powerful and unique tool. :-)

Terry

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.