balinas

Independence instrument files Corrupt or not Known

Hello.  First time user of SamplitudePRO X3.  Everything is installed.  I am up and running with audio and midi through my Sonar VS-100 interface.  I can load Independence and play midi notes to it from my Yamaha Motif classic 6.  I can hear the notes over speakers or headphones.  Running through the different Independence PRO instruments I have noticed that a few give me a 'Cannot load file' box followed by 'corrupted or unknown file format.'  Most instruments play just fine.  I have tried to attach a screen shot of these no-go boxes.  Most of the ones that wont play seem to be found on Content Image File 05 and tend to be percussion instruments.  I have run checkdisk on my hard drive and no bad sectors were found.  

How do I try to get playable files into these sectors?  Do I have to delete the whole 10G + of instruments?  What procedure is the most efficient way to re-install these?  Frankly sitting through the many install DVD's wasn't a whole lot of fun to do!  Or is it possible to that one of the DVD's is 'bad?'

your advice is most appreciated!

thanks,

balinas

Corrupt or File image unknown jpg.JPG

File NOT Found JPG.JPG

Hello, and thanks for the download.  It all took awhile, as I had to make a MEGA account, download their desktop software because of the size of the file, and the download itself.  I had originally gotten the DVD's as my broadband isn't all that broad!.  I then had to copy all 9 DVD's to my hard drive, and then replace the 'corrupted' file with your file.  Then reinstall everything.  It appears to have all gone well, as the couple of Independence programs that I tried loaded appropriately. 

Thinking about all this, I remember that Samplitude crashed several times when I was originally installing the Independence content through the Independence menu while Independence was a loaded synth in a track.  Then I discovered or read that you could install the content under the Independence content installation path without Independence being opened.  

thanks again.  I will be looking at some of  your videos on Samplitude operations over the next week.  

balinas

Hey balinas:

I just migrated this week, too, also from Sonar.  I have the same VS-100 and Motif Classic 6, so I couldn't resist saying a quick hello.

Did you get Windows 10 drivers for your VS-100?  Is it working smoothly?  I don't care so much about the fader and all that, but I love the various connectivity methods, especially the digital ins with that Motif.

I'm guessing we "went in the box" at about the same time!

Glad you stopped by!  I have had both pieces of equipment for quite some time. The VS-100 works well with Win 10. I do have the VS100 setup as a control surface mostly for the foot pedal. I use it for play/stop and recoding when I am both at my desk and remote for voice and guitar. The Motif 6 has been with me for awhile as well. I don’t quite utilize all the outs or any of its sequencing capabilities. AZSlow ‘s ACcontroller made it possible to use it as a control surface as well, but that was more a lesson in what was possible. I had been trying to use that as a control surface for years. Now it’s big function is as a keyboard, as I have the MCU pro. I also got TouchOSC connected to Samplittude. Some of which I enjoy the challenge. 

Many wishes to your ongoing endeavors to making music!

bart

Hey Balinas, thanks for your reply.  It sounds like Roland finally put out some Win 10 drivers for the VS-100, so I'll download them and give it a go.  You may remember all the posts in the Sonar forum about the hoops that people were jumping through to try and jerry rig drivers for older Roland Products.  My PCR-300 will never see Win 10 drivers.  I got so annoyed I just put the VS-100 in the closet and switched to Focusrite. 

Like you, I've never used the sequencing capabilities of the Motif, but I love the sounds.  In the early days of Sonar, the only viable multi-timbral synth was the TTS-100.  When I'm working on songs, especially alternate arrangement styles, I like to create a Band-In-the-Box midi sequence and try it in different styles to hear ideas I wouldn't have come up with normally. 

Using the digital outs from the Motif into the VS 100, the quality was as good as if I'd done the whole thing in the box.  I often did a lot of "pre-mixing" on the Motif as well, because in the days of Sonar 3-5, the Motif effects and EQ were the equals of what was available in Sonar.

Time to re-visit the VS-100!

5 hours ago, PFtwanger said:

Time to re-visit the VS-100!

Samplitude may attempt to use the Magix low-latency ASIO driver when you first run Samplitude with the VS-100.  You can change this to the regular VS-100 ASIO on the splash screen option 'Audio Setup.' I checked the latency of both, and they are about the same, but apparently the Magix ASIO is a WDM wrapper for ASIO4all, or something similar. While it did run fine in Samplitude, switching over to Sonar caused some issues.  All the advice I received was just to run the regular ASIO drivers.  I never did use the VS-100 with Win8, but it does work well with Win10. 

Nice way to use the Motif 6! I will take another look at the digital outs for the Motif.  One thing I did like when I tried Cubase was that it already had all the instrument setup for the motif since it was a Yamaha product.  

The foot pedal I use with the VS-100 is the Boss FS-6.  It took just a little configuration in Samplitude to get it working.  I could send you the .cpsxml file for the changes I made if you want.  It isn't perfect, as I only mapped out the basic transports for the foot pedal.  

Thanks for all the advice! 

I learned the hard way that the VS-100 doesn't always play well with others.  In fact, when I used it with Band in a Box (BIAB, for short), I used the WDM driver included with BIAB because it was more stable than Roland's drivers.  OTOH, Roland's drivers worked better with Sonar.  The early versions of Sonar had an instrument map for the Motif, and I just kept re-using it with each new iteration.

To my eyes, the key thing you said is that the VS-100 ran fine with the stock Samplitude driver.  It breaks my heart that I'm closing the book on Sonar after about 14 years, so compatibility there is not so important.  The thing about it is, I think you need Roland's driver to use the VS-100's digital ins/outs.  But what the heck, when I get back here after Christmas with the family, I'll start experimenting.

By the way, I'm digging deep in my memory, but I think I might have had to configure something in the Motif to set the outputs to be SPDIF and not ADAT.

It'll be about the second or third week of January before I can get back to this, but when I do, I'll start a thread with VS-100 and Motif in the title so we can resume the conversation.  I'm looking forward to comparing notes!