Factor

Another Sonar Refuge

Hi all, my name is Carl, by now I assume everyone is aware that Sonar went belly up, well, I've decided to jump on board the Samp train..

I'm totally loving the software, it's only been a few days, still learning the ins and outs...I have one question, does samplitude have a cpu meter? I'm pretty sure it does, just don't know where to find it...At my age these things happen, lol...

Welcome!

On the bottom left you’ll see the Status Display...

(From the manual)

Status display: The status display appears at the bottom border of the VIP 
window. Here you'll find information about CPU load, latency, buffer, and current 
operations like loading, saving, effect calculation, etc. You can also open the 
status display by going to "View" > "Toolbars" > "Status Display"

Hello, Factor and welcome aboard. As a fellow Sonar refugee, I am sure you will enjoy it here. I am. A very helpful bunch. It's a bit quiet here. Perhaps they like it that way, but it looks like there are hordes of Sonarians on their way here as we speak so I am sure things will get pretty riotous around here soon :P

Sounds like we are gaining a healthy amount of Sonar refugees here? To all Sonar users my condolences for what happened, I was always dubious of Gibson particularly after what they did to Opcode Vision. Hopefully you will find Samplitude a more than adequate replacement and I will do my best to help out whenever possible.

Regards, Kraznet

Hello fellow former sonarites!  I haven't committed to Samplitude yet, I've downloaded the demo and have been using it and so far I'm pretty impressed.  I've also been trying out Cubase and Studio One, but so far Samplitude is in the lead!

Good evening folks,

I am downloading Pro X3 as I type. Looking forward to learning a new DAW, but like most, SPLAT will be my go-to for the foreseeable future. Cool to post after a fellow North Texas too! Glad to meet ya Beagle! 

Let's have fun!

What with all these SONAR refugees coming on board, I am afraid this forum will not fare well unless it gets a LIKE button for posts!!! ;-)

(Been wanting one here for years!)

Terry

Nice to meet you, too,Terry. It's like old home week for me here - I see my fellow refugee beagle in North Texas, and now I see you are in Elizabeth City. I grew up in Wilmington. So, I am a fellow tarheel to some degree:-) Can't wait for our next visit back.

I plan to stick with SPLAT for an upcoming project, but the Samplitude learning curve starts today. It will be fun to learn a new tool.

Oh, everybody's so welcoming...for now. Just wait until we SONAR ex-pats get comfortable enough to start asking for features. You may come to regret that we ever moved in.

On 12/16/2017 at 0:21 PM, Bitflipper said:

Oh, everybody's so welcoming...for now. Just wait until we SONAR ex-pats get comfortable enough to start asking for features. You may come to regret that we ever moved in.

Don't worry, Dave - I've already started that!  :D

Hey all, AT from SONAR.  All you refugees, glad to see y'all.  I'll be slowly switching to Samplitude, tho I went ahead and bought it.  Couldn't resist the deal.  Or the Vegas deal before.

Look forward to bugging you all in the near future.

JAT

4 hours ago, JAT said:

Hey all, AT from SONAR.  All you refugees, glad to see y'all.  I'll be slowly switching to Samplitude, tho I went ahead and bought it.  Couldn't resist the deal.  Or the Vegas deal before.

Look forward to bugging you all in the near future.

JAT

Welcome to Samplitude and to the forum JAT :-)

Regards, Kraznet

Hi to all the Samplituders and the Sonarites!  

I'm yet another long-time Sonar user left at the doorstep by Gibson.  The timing of Magic's incredible offer made this irresistible.  I'm still kicking the tires right now, going back and forth with Studio One's *almost* equally generous offer.  I ended up buying both, so in that sense, I'm already "in."  

Kraznet, your postings and videos are very compelling.  Knowledge combined with enthusiasm make a potent package.

I echo the many comments about how polite the forum is.  If I take the full plunge, I'll do a true introduction in your "howdy" thread, and create a signature with my system info as you strongly recommend.  But for now, I'm lurking, learning, and thoroughly enjoying myself.

You guys have something special going here!

Hi PFtwanger!! Nice to meet you and I'm glad you found the videos helpful. I look forward to hearing feedback on your impressions of Samplitude.

All the best, Kraznet

Another Sonar Refuge. I took the plunge.  Figured at this great price its  nice to have another option. 

I have to agree from others, Kraznet videos helped sway me. Now I hope when version X4 comes out we have a decent upgrade price.

Hello all. Pretty slow going here. Mostly watching videos and studying the layout. Trying to understand the Samplitude way. I have made good use of SoundForge and SpectraLayers though

Another sonar refuge.  Initial impressions of samplitude is that it's better, as I have posted over at CW, although the support and user base is not as deep.  Sound forge 11 is bombing on me, though (blue screen), and it hosed my SF10 installation.  I uninstalled 11 and reinstalled 10, still blue screen.  Is there a SF forum?  Anyone here have a clue? (win 7, 12 megs of ram, i7).  Thanks!

By the way: Thanks kraznet!

I had a similar problem. Might be the 32bit Independence dll taking SF out. SF does not like scanning it. I zipped up the the MAGIX folder in my 32bit VST folder and both SF10 and 11 scan properly and start up.