Factor

Another Sonar Refuge

Another former Sonarite on board with Sammy. 

Luckily for me I been working days and weekends for the past 4 years I didnt get past X3. Then when I stopped working weekends decided to get SonarPro on a Halloween Special and a week later the announcement.

Support gave me a refund, very decent of them and I spent it here instead.

Am having the same issue with SF and Independence

Dear me, it is almost like coming home with all these known names from Sonar.

Yes I jumped off the sinking ship, and have not been active for a long time in the Cakewalk forum, great to see familiar faces here.

@Kraznet I am amazed of all the videos you have managed to produce thank you!

Cheers

Mike aka Telecaster

I just jumped on board with Samplitude Pro x3 Suite.

I bought Sonar just  in time for them to shut it down :(, I saw the deal for Samplitude and couldn't let that go by and after playing around with it for a while it seems great.

It's kind of overwhelming but I feel confident I made the right choice.

Hello everyone,

I'm also a long time Sonar user and just jumped onboard with Samplitude. Good to see some familiar faces here as many of them have been a wealth of information/great asset to those of us less experienced....i.e. me :D.

Kraznet, your name is always linked with Samplitude as being the DAW Guru :).....looking forward to learning as much as I can from you as well as everyone here.

Cheers!!

Mesh   

Glad to see some familiar face here too. I was wondering what happen to you Mike (Telecaster).

I'm still trying to digest all of your videos KraznetB)

They did make it easy for me to decide that Samplitude is worth it to learn.

cheers to you all

Hi Mr.Mesh and InstrEd!! Welcome to the forum and to Samplitude and I appreciate your positive comments. I always try to make the tutorials is clear and logical as possible so I'm so happy I seem to have succeeded doing that :) 

Regards, Kraznet

On 21/12/2017 at 9:53 PM, InstrEd said:

Glad to see some familiar face here too. I was wondering what happen to you Mike (Telecaster).

I'm still trying to digest all of your videos KraznetB)

They did make it easy for me to decide that Samplitude is worth it to learn.

cheers to you all

Sorry InstrEd life got in the way, been more busy with photography and learning drone video, and had more or less given up on music, but seem to have the spark back:D

Cheers Mike

Hi Folks. Yet another Sonar refugee since it has stopped pinging. I just purchased today (Merry Christmas to me) but with the holidays it may be a few days until I can install. Good to see some familiar faces here. Kraznet's videos will be a great help Thank You!        Dan 

SOLVED.  For no reason I can think of, this time the activation screen worked.

I'm also coming over from SONAR.  I appreciate that the special Pro Suite price was extended until today and I purchased it after liking the trial version.

What is the procedure to get a P3 serial number when purchasing through the crossgrade SONAR offer?  My purchase info gave only a P2 number.  I assume as it is a weekend I will hear from Magix tomorrow.  Thank you if you can advise in the meantime.

Edited by Riojazz
SOLVED

On 12/16/2017 at 7:21 PM, Bitflipper said:

Oh, everybody's so welcoming...for now. Just wait until we SONAR ex-pats get comfortable enough to start asking for features. You may come to regret that we ever moved in.

Hey Bitflipper, I have already committed such a crime!

On 12/20/2017 at 1:39 AM, scook said:

I had a similar problem. Might be the 32bit Independence dll taking SF out. SF does not like scanning it. I zipped up the the MAGIX folder in my 32bit VST folder and both SF10 and 11 scan properly and start up.

That's precisely the thing I have noticed. After several tries to start SF I found out that it crashed loading the independence VST. But when I took that out of my MAGIX VST folder it ran perfectly (Yes, I have a seperate VST folder for Samplitude and SF, because like that I could create a helpful folder structure like in Sonar)!

SF is the only reason I have 32bit plug-ins installed

Everything else uses 64bit. I will retire the 32bit folder, if/when the SF 64bit arrives (at a reasonable price) or I stop using it

47 minutes ago, scook said:

SF is the only reason I have 32bit plug-ins installed

Everything else uses 64bit. I will retire the 32bit folder, if/when the SF 64bit arrives (at a reasonable price) or I stop using it

But not me! I love some great old freeware 32-bit plugins that I would miss. I never had any issues with Sonar and 32-bit plugins, only once together with a USB driver from Focusrite. But that time it was possible to go back to the previous driver version and since then I had no problems. There is now a new Focusrite driver and I have downloaded, but not testet it, since I use now a Behringer USB interface.

3 hours ago, Wyoming said:

That's precisely the thing I have noticed. After several tries to start SF I found out that it crashed loading the independence VST. But when I took that out of my MAGIX VST folder it ran perfectly (Yes, I have a seperate VST folder for Samplitude and SF, because like that I could create a helpful folder structure like in Sonar)!

This makes perfect sense. Some of the other topics here address how the Independence license within ProX3 does not include its use within other hosts, only within ProX3. To do that you'd have to get a standalone license for Independence Pro. So if SF is scanning Indie during its startup, Indie will fail to start. I haven't yet used Sound Forge for anything other than just a quick look, but it started fine. Is there some setting in SF that dictates which folders it scans for VSTs that might be pointing to the Magix Synths folder? I'd doubt that any of the VSTs there would work with third party hosts.

There is a VST path setting in SF. The problem is the program crashes before the setting is available for editing. The only VST hosts I have that crashed while scanning were SF10 and SF11. Others do not have problems either ignoring Independence or add it to their VST lists even though it will not run in the host.

Another dislocated Sonar-ite here. I was testing a few possible DAW's and Samplitude was in the lead (for my purposes over Cubase and Studio One). I found a good deal and that pushed me over the edge. I'm happy with the decision.

Kraznet, the videos have been a big help in getting started.

Hello from another Sonar refugee wishing you all a great year 2018.

Thank you so much Mr Kraznet for your tutorials.

Thank you Mr TerryBritton for making easier to understand the The Samplitude Hardware Controller.

Regards, 2040

Hi All! 

Another Sonar orphan here. I'm diving into Samplitude ProX3 suite now and very much appreciate the Kraznet tutorials. But. I am disappointed that I cannot find anything on how to export MPEG videos in any format. It seems to only export the audio. Export of videos recorded on my webcam simultaneously with audio recorded into my DAW was something that I relied on Sonar Platinum to do and it did it very well.  It seems to missing from Samplitude or am I missing something?

Cheers,

Gordon

Hello, fellas.

I'm new to this forum, I used SAM V8 for ages (Mastering only) but bought the X3pro pack 2 days ago trying to reconvert myself from 30 years of Cakewalk.

So far: it is a disaster !  lolo

I've been 2 days tweaking parameters and still couldn't make a thing on Samplitude (in terms of creating a Midi+Audio project an get it working)

I can't even get my VST in the menu, forget about my Vsti...

Horrible.

Will read everything in this post with interest, any overall advice is welcomed cause so far so bad...

So good to find "familiar faces" here, feels a bit more homey.

Love

dd

I can't even get my VST in the menu, forget about my Vsti...

Providing you chosen the correct location for your VST plug-ins they should be showing up in the menu. Press Y to open options, left click on the folder icon and choose browse VST folder. Then navigate to the location of your VST plug-ins. 

5a6b0d28846b1_Vstpath.thumb.jpg.bf5b8e738e5e007d4332b6e683963da6.jpg

If after setting the path there are still no plug-ins showing, left click on an insert slot and choose the option in the JPEG below:

5a6b0d5555aec_ScanfornewVSTPlugins.thumb.jpg.93d6bd34ddb957c4f036f9af0bbc7cdf.jpg