Hi everyone, Chris Johnson from Airwindows is amazing .

In February 1 2017, he uploaded a "dithering" plugin made by him, plugin called Not Just Another Dither / Not Just Another CD

The Youtube video explaining the plugin (on the link above) has 1004 views only, so I think not so many people know about it.

...But it seems to be a kind of "revolution" in the realm of bit reduction / premastering / monitoring.

Not Just Another Dither / Not Just Another CD is based on NaturalizeDither by the same man, with added noise shaping ; NaturalizeDither being a very unique and original "dithering" processing because it is using a Benford's Law statistical deterministic technique for the bit reduction/truncation, instead of adding noise like every other dithering processes do...the result is sounding "more real / more natural" !...

...I thought I had to share this here, everyone can check and use this "revolutionary dithering" plugin and other great and useful plugins he makes...

....Then, for those who can afford it,  please support Chris Johnson's Patreon (from $1 monthly to what you can/want) ;):D

This guy makes many very useful and great sounding plugins that everyone can use for free, this "business model" that he is setting up seems to be utterly fair, this guy is a treasure.

Guest David Pixley theMuzzl3

The best dither in the world is a free one.  Its called AirWindows NotJustAnotherDither, guestimated by me to be perhaps 100 times better than Ozone's MBIT+, as of yesterday.  For the largest companies, we hardly ever expect that if they already have the "hands down" best version of something, that they'll post a big groundbreaking update to it.  An individual, Chris J, who was already FAR beyond the competition, did exactly that, today.  Not only was NotJustAnotherDither vastly improved, but he also invented FloatingDither, which accurately handles a lossless transfer of the audio in your DAW, to each plugin that otputs to 32 bit.  On top of that, he updated ALL of his plugins, with the new floating dither.

3 hours ago, Guest David Pixley theMuzzl3 said:

The best dither in the world is a free one.  Its called AirWindows NotJustAnotherDither, guestimated by me to be perhaps 100 times better than Ozone's MBIT+, as of yesterday.  For the largest companies, we hardly ever expect that if they already have the "hands down" best version of something, that they'll post a big groundbreaking update to it.  An individual, Chris J, who was already FAR beyond the competition, did exactly that, today.  Not only was NotJustAnotherDither vastly improved, but he also invented FloatingDither, which accurately handles a lossless transfer of the audio in your DAW, to each plugin that otputs to 32 bit.  On top of that, he updated ALL of his plugins, with the new floating dither.

I've made a new thread about that :

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.