Acky

Change track inputs to ‘none’

Is there an option somewhere to turn the track inputs to ‘none’ after the recording process is done or ongoing? It’s just a little workflow thing I do to keep things neat and tidy and to avoid the possibility of inadvertently turning on monitoring on a mic channel while the monitor speakers are on in the same room and causing feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Acky,

I'm not aware of such a setting in Samplitude. Providing you are not using VSTi's the best thing would be just to turn off the MON button on the transport. This will stop any potential feedback.

Transport Monitoring.jpg

Regards, Kraznet

Thanks Kraznet

That should do fine as a workaround ... and I could always change the track inputs to a channel to which I have no microphones connected.

Thanks again!

Monitoring On/Off with a shortcut is very handy. You could even make a shortcut for a specific monitoring mode. When I play an instrument that needs to be heard (Vandal, vsti, ...) I switch from first option w/ no monitoring to Mon On + Track FX mode. When it's finished, for mixing for example, I switch again to first option w/ Mon Off, stress on the computer will be more cool.

cherrs

Phil

19 hours ago, Philw said:

Monitoring On/Off with a shortcut is very handy. You could even make a shortcut for a specific monitoring mode. When I play an instrument that needs to be heard (Vandal, vsti, ...) I switch from first option w/ no monitoring to Mon On + Track FX mode. When it's finished, for mixing for example, I switch again to first option w/ Mon Off, stress on the computer will be more cool.

Thanks Philw

That’s very helpful. I was unsure about the monitoring settings in preferences and the choices there. So basically, when the recording stage is done and the mixing stage begins, I switch to the first option to save resources. Excellent!

… and I’ll set up a shortcut.

Happy New Year everyone!