rickbail

Newbie quantizing question

I have seen the quantizing drum video. It appears that this feature works well with well-defined transients. Does anyone have an example of quantizing bass guitar? I don’t think I am getting the concept for Samplitude’s quantization method. Can’t seem to get the markers to properly line up on the bass transients. Some markers appear on time and others after the initial transient. Would like to reposition some and remove others.

Thanks

Rick

Hi Rick,

If you're using Samplitude Pro X3, I suggest using Melodyne to quantize the bass. The transient detection algorithm is really for drums and percussion and doesn't go well with instruments in my experience it's hit or miss. 

Regards, Kraznet

In my experience, quantization using the Audio Quantization Wizard and AQ markers works amazing for drums and percussion.

For instruments with less defined transients, like bass, you are better off just manually separating and aligning the objects.

Melodyne also can do a decent job on automatically quantizing bass and vocals but I still find it faster and more accurate to do both by hand.

Yes, I am using Pro x3 and do have Melodyne full version; will give that a shot. A question related to that though. When and how are the Melodyne changes incorporated into a bounce? I noticed that the selections for bounce do not identify this specifically. It includes FX or FX bus for example. Is Melodyne changes part of that selection? 

Thanks

Rick

The best way if you want to embed the changes into the audio is to just right click on the Melodyne object and choose "Freeze Object(s)". If you do stereo bounce of the project any Melodyne edits will automatically be incorporated into the bounce.

Regards, Kraznet