Hello guys!

I'm looking for an accessible Hardware Controller that works quite good with Samplitude, or that can be included quite good.

One of our members in the german Mailing list told something great about the Presonus Faderport some years ago.

Pro: It is able to be included quite good in the working process of Samplitude.

Contra: It has only one motorized fader.

Some months ago Presonus launched the Faderport 8 which has 8 motorized faders. There I have no idea either how it works or whether it can be included in Samplitude as well as the former Version of the Faderport with only one motorized fader. I had the chance to take a look at that Controller, and there I realized that I don't like the structure of it.

Then some weeks ago I heard about the Console 1 Controller from Soft Tube, but there I don't know whether it can interact with Samplitude. My vocal coach ordered it for his home studio and he told me that he is fascinated how great Console 1 can be included in Cubase or Nuendo from Steinberg. It should also work very good with Presonus Studio One, but no one could tell me whether it works with Samplitude.

Now my question: does anyone of you use a Hardware Controller? Which Controller and how accessible is the workflow with it?

Regards,

Patrick

its been a few weeks since ive had time to play with Sam, but one thing that blew me away was how configurable Sam controller settings are ..

the amount of options you can assign to controls is staggering .. some controller options i never knew existed until i played with em,there's much more control over what does what than any other daw :)(only competition being AZslow`s custom controller/bugfix for sonar)

at first mapping your controller seems bloody impossible to get your head round - honestly its really simple when you grasp the workflow,stick with it :)

Sam breathed new life into my old hardware:- Tascam 1882 @ BCR2000 ... with so many options and templates i would be surprised if there's a controller that cant be configured in some way (they are basically a midi piano keyboard without the piano keyboard)

there are a few whacky things with it (if something doesn't appear to be working right,save and reboot) but with a bit of thought you can get round em ..

Terry has a wonderful tutorial on setting up controllers on his site,imo read that first...the manual is great help too (search mackie,has handy tips) :D ...

Patrick. Nice to see you posting here. A number of users are using the Behrenger  X-Touch which is basically a copy of the Mackie MCU Pro. I know someone who has an X-Touch and a Faderport 8 and he tells me that the build quality is better on the X-Touch.

On ‎24‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 2:48 PM, Phil Muir said:

Patrick. Nice to see you posting here. A number of users are using the Behrenger  X-Touch which is basically a copy of the Mackie MCU Pro. I know someone who has an X-Touch and a Faderport 8 and he tells me that the build quality is better on the X-Touch.

Really? I had a Behringer mixer several years ago and it was not really an incredible high-quality mixer. So I'm a little bit carefully when I hear something about Behringer products. :)