BAKTRAK

Moving Independence Images Library To Alternative Drive

Hi All,

I wish to move the Independence Images Library ( ie: currently located my main C: Drive ) to another internal  G: Drive.

I was sure I had indicated I wanted it so when I installed it...Maybe Not.

However, I want to keep my C: drive free of such data.

Have watched Kraznet's "Library Path & Loading Instruments" video and have attempted several times to to add

a copied Library (ie: on my internal G: Drive) but with no success.

Not sure if the presence of the current C: Drive Library path in the window is preventing it.

Can I indeed install the new path underneath the current one?   or does it need to be removed first...........again not sure.

When about to add the new library in the independence window ............Where Kraznet gets to a Folder Window which shows an 'OK' Button........

....mine just has an 'Open' Button' :(

I click 'Open' (for the hell of it) ...............and essentially nothing happens.....the small folder window just disappears "in a puff of smoke"

Apart from that ......Independence remains open and operable.............Hmmmmff

Am I doing something fundamentally wrong?...........If not .....any advice welcome.

Cheers

Hi BAKTRAK! Did get it sorted? Things has changed a bit since that video ... The old version of Independence in Kraznets video has the "Ok" button but the new  later version  has the "Open" button instead. The new version also has a "remove library" button as well as the "add library" (the old version didn't have the remove one), use that to remove the path to the library on your C drive (it only removes the reference path in Independence, the folder and files will remain there. Then select the folder on your G drive and click Ok, then it should accept the new path ...

Regards Thomas

17 hours ago, TotteG said:

Hi BAKTRAK! Did get it sorted? Things has changed a bit since that video ... The old version of Independence in Kraznets video has the "Ok" button but the new  later version  has the "Open" button instead. The new version also has a "remove library" button as well as the "add library" (the old version didn't have the remove one), use that to remove the path to the library on your C drive (it only removes the reference path in Independence, the folder and files will remain there. Then select the folder on your G drive and click Ok, then it should accept the new path ...

Regards Thomas

Thanks for the Input Thomas,

Sounds good but unfortunately things aren't as you describe on my particular PC.........esp. No 'Remove Library' button.
There is a however a  'Refresh' Button and a 'Save Preferences' Button.

See image below.

0040NZx.jpg

And I would love to know what the tiny little buttons next to the folder text does. ;)

Cheers

Sorry,

Having trouble with link to image .

Will get it fixed soon.

Hi! Sorry ,I rememered it wrong about the remove button, that's only available in Best Service "Engine" which is basicly a reskined version of Independence Free (but Engine seems more up to date). 

But the open button do apply to the latest Independece. If you click open without selecting a folder nothing happens as you descibed, if you select a folder that not include a library and click open you will get an error no valid libary, if you select an folder with a valid libary and click open it just add the path no other conformation ...

Then to remove a library in Independence you need to move or remane the library folder, then it will show missing in the library path, click refresh and it will be removed, now you can add the new path to your G drive ...

Regards Thomas

1 hour ago, TotteG said:

Hi! Sorry ,I rememered it wrong about the remove button, that's only available in Best Service "Engine" which is basicly a reskined version of Independence Free (but Engine seems more up to date). 

But the open button do apply to the latest Independece. If you click open without selecting a folder nothing happens as you descibed, if you select a folder that not include a library and click open you will get an error no valid libary, if you select an folder with a valid libary and click open it just add the path no other conformation ...

Then to remove a library in Independence you need to move or remane the library folder, then it will show missing in the library path, click refresh and it will be removed, now you can add the new path to your G drive ...

Regards Thomas

Thanks Thomas,

Your direction helped.

Mostly fixed now and Independence working smoothly from G: drive library folder.

Oddly... a 'rogue' 'G:' remaining ( ie: accidentally included during my novice fiddling about ) at the top of the list.....which I can live with ...not about to remove my G: Drive :) 

Pity we cant just remove a library at the click of a button .....as you described earlier.

ShNAPRd.jpg

Cheers

Great that you got it sorted! :)

Yeah an update of Independence with the remove library button would be appreciated, and also I have some library's from Best Service Engine that works well in Independence but the their latest library's & demos only works with the  latest version of Engine and  these won't load in the latest Independence, so an update is needed ...

I  use both Independence & Engine, Engine lack of som features of the Independence Pro, like mapping ... but can also load the Independence Pro library (from within Samplitude if you have the Prox Suit, standalone if you have the separate Pro licence) so for playing the library's and tweaking the sound it works well ...

Engine download: https://www.bestservice.com/downloads.html 

Engine demo library: https://www.bestservice.com/engine_artists_library.html (unfortanly not working in Independence, the earlier demos works but is not available to download anymore)

The little tiny button next to the folder text is like an on/off button, by pressing it and then rebuild the menu, that library will be hidden in the menu ... 

Annoying with the G reference, I will have a look if I can locate where the it is stored ...

Cheers! Thomas

Hi again!

Found the libraries.xml -file where the library path references is stored :)

Here on my old surf computer it's found in  C:\Documents and Settings\$USER$\Application Data\MAGIX\Independence\Preferences

Edit: Now i've checked my Win 7 computer and it's found in C:\Users\$USER$\AppData\Local\MAGIX\Independence\Preferences

So on Win 10 it should hopefully be found in C:\Users\$USER$\AppData\Local\MAGIX\Independence\Preferences

or in C:\Users\$USER$\AppData\Roaming\MAGIX\Independence\Preferences

If not search for: libraries.xml

Open the libraries.xml-file with the Notepad and edit out the G reference, make a copy of it before just in case ...

Cheers! Thomas

Edited by TotteG
Added info

SPOT ON Thomas !!

Just did as you said and ...

All fixed ( see below) and another lesson learned :D

j2nfk9L.jpg

Best regards

BAKTRAK

Fantastic! It is tidbits of knowledge like this that keep me returning here to read the ENTIRE forum periodically! :-)

Thanks, Thomas!

Terry

On 2018-02-22 at 9:54 AM, BAKTRAK said:

SPOT ON Thomas !!

Just did as you said and ...

All fixed ( see below) and another lesson learned :D

Great that it worked out! I'm glad  that i could be of help BAKATRACK :) 

Regards Thomas

13 hours ago, TerryBritton said:

Fantastic! It is tidbits of knowledge like this that keep me returning here to read the ENTIRE forum periodically! :-)

Thanks, Thomas!

Terry

You are welcome Terry! I do the same, I've learnt a lot from reading this forum so I'm happy that I can share some knowledge sometimes as well  :)

Regards Thomas

Just thought I'd add to this old thread as there is now both an install and remove button in the preferences tab. Just in case someone was searching for the answer and this popped up.