Ron MacNutt

Cakewalk Revived?

https://www.soundonsound.com/news/cakewalk-sonar-lives

BandLab Technologies — the company behind social music platform BandLab, as well as Rolling Stone magazine, Mono cases, Harmony Guitars and more — have today announced the acquisition of certain assets and the complete set of intellectual property of Cakewalk Inc. from Gibson Brands.

CEO of BandLab Technologies, Meng Ru Kuok said, “The teams at both Gibson and BandLab felt that Cakewalk’s products deserved a new home where development could continue. We are pleased to be supporting Cakewalk’s passionate community of creators to ensure they have access to the best possible features and music products under the BandLab Technologies banner.”

On 2/23/2018 at 6:00 AM, Ron MacNutt said:

I think that's great news for lots of Sonar users and I wish them the best. But I moved to Samplitude Pro X after Sonar X2 and I much prefer to work in Samp rather than Sonar. I never cared for the changes to the interface that happened after Sonar 8.5. Samp is my main DAW now.

21 hours ago, Factor said:

Great news for sonar users, I found a new home here with samplitude, can't go back.

Yes me too, but I now don't have to go through the arduous process of migrating old projects from Sonar to Samplitude. Not sure if I will go back to using Sonar regularly now. I'll have to see how things go.

I'm very happy that Bandlabs has revived Sonar and even more so that Noel and Ben are on board. I will gladly use it from time to time and I will continue to support it, but Samplitude is now my main DAW. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.