Northern-Mike

Trying to delete section of track: HELP ME

I am pulling my hair out trying to get Samplitude x3 to do something I am sure is easy to do:

I have a guitar track recorded....fingerpicking repeats every 4 bars......I have recorded 58 bars.......a few bars have errors, so I simply want to cut out those 4 bar ranges.

What I have tried to do is this: 1) mark start of the 4 bar range and end of 4 bar range....highlight the range....then cut and delete that object...GREAT...the 4 bars with mistake disappear......NOW here is weird part: I go over and pull the rest of the track back to cover up the missing range I just deleted...and ???? Samplitude puts the same range I just apparently deleted back in??????

What the heck am I doing wrong?????

Any help would be greatly appreciated by this newbie.

After you delete the section you need to move an object, not stretch it. Instead of grabbing the edge, put your cursor in the over the lower half of the object you want to move. A "plus/arrow'" sign should appear next to the cursor - at that point left click and move the object to cover the deleted section.

Alternatively If you want to "ripple delete" you can try using Ctrl+ Delete and the gap will be filled by the audio on the right.

Regards, Kraznet

5a97d7e733d60_RippleDelete.thumb.gif.cc3e952b4e46b3a21f530c0d5db5b4e2.gif

aha! you are still alive .. was wondering,checked your last logon yesterday ;)

was giving you a week then sending in the dogs !

cold innit ;)

24 minutes ago, Kraznet said:

Alternatively If you want to "ripple delete" you can try using Ctrl+ Delete and the gap will be filled by the audio on the right.

Regards, Kraznet

I've been rather unwell for the last 3 weeks with the nasty chest infection and was not really capable of functioning but I'm finally feeling a bit better now.

Regards, Kraznet

4 hours ago, Kraznet said:

Another Samp feature I wasn't familiar with - thanks.

9 hours ago, HHfallback said:

aha! you are still alive .. was wondering,checked your last logon yesterday ;)

was giving you a week then sending in the dogs !

cold innit ;)

Edited by Geo524
Quoted wrong post.

9 hours ago, Kraznet said:

Regards, Kraznet

5a97d7e733d60_RippleDelete.thumb.gif.cc3e952b4e46b3a21f530c0d5db5b4e2.gif

Fantastic! I was hoping Samplitude had this feature. Sonar had it too. It was called "delete hole" or something like that.  Thanks Kraznet.

11 hours ago, Kraznet said:

I've been rather unwell for the last 3 weeks with the nasty chest infection and was not really capable of functioning but I'm finally feeling a bit better now.

Regards, Kraznet

bugger!,but im glad your feeling better,full recovery soon i hope :)

taking easy for a little while then .. you were here all over Christmas and deserve a break,shame its cos of a filippin bug :(