eobart

Instrument switch

Hello,

I'm using Samplitude pro x3, and I'm really happy with it! powerful, many instruments, Independence... Nothing to complain.

Anyways, I have 1 question about the instruments: many of them have yellow keys on the left part of the keyboard, allowing to switch between different sounds of the same instrument (see image below). For example, the Choirs have several vowels and "Mmh" available, which is extraordinary (sounds are great!!). But if I want to have my choir singing different vowels, until now, I have to use as many tracks as I need vowels (1 for "Ah", 1 for "Oh" etc...).Is there any way to switch between these vowels on the same track, using Automation for example?

Thanks for your answer!

Emmanuel

yellow keys.png

Hi Emmanuel,

Try inserting a short midi note in the midi editor that corresponds with the vowel you want to switch to and see if that works. That usually the way one uses key switches to change sounds during a track.

Regards, Kraznet

Thanks for your answer.

I tried, but no success. The problem is that when you click on one of the yellow keys, the change affects the whole track.I'm sure there's a midi code or something that can be read by samplitude all along the score, using Automation to tell samplitude when to change. But What??? :(

Thx anyway!

Emmanuel

Hi,

You have to record the switch key. Each time the piano roll finds a switch key, it makes the change to the following notes until it hits another switch key, etc.

Thx,

I tried to do this: I'm in the piano roll, I open the keyboard with the strings instrument open (see image), record some notes with the strings "pizzi", then (I don't stop recording) switch to strings tremolo (typing the yellow key), record some notes, and then stop recording. When I listen to the score, all the notes are played with the tremolo, including the first ones I recorded under the pizzi key. 

It seems that Samplitude didn't record the switch key during the recording. 

Maybe there's a Midi controller somewhere in the Automation??

Emmanuel

Croquis.png

Hi Emmanuel!

If you pressing the yellow keys in the String Ensemble window while recording, these notes will not be recorded as you can't record notes from plugin keyboard.

You need to play these corresponding keys on you keyboard to record them, same way as the normal notes you play ... you can also add or change them later in the Midi editor.

Regards, Thomas

GREAT!!! YOU FOUND THE SOLUTION!!! :D You saved my life ! lol

Thx a lot Thomas, the solution was simple, but I didn't find it. You're a Genius!!

Thx Thx Thx

:lol: Emmanuel (a happy man)

Thx Kraznet for all your tutorials.They're very helpful, and very well explained.

This one was exactly what I was looking for, but I couldn't find it on the web... Such a tutorial is much more interesting than trying to read the help content! lol

Best regards,

Emmanuel