Kraznet

Samplitude Pro X3: Using Virtual Instruments (VSTi's)

This is a tutorial to help those who are unfamiliar with using MIDI and virtual instruments. It basically shows you 3 different ways to insert VSTi plug-ins and choose the presets.

Regards, Kraznet

Another good one!

Unless I missed it, you didn't mention that one cannot record using the keyboard at the bottom of the instrument interface. This has happened to many new users, particularly with MusicMaker (many posts on the other forum).

1 hour ago, browj2 said:

Another good one!

Unless I missed it, you didn't mention that one cannot record using the keyboard at the bottom of the instrument interface. This has happened to many new users, particularly with MusicMaker (many posts on the other forum).

That tutorial was about how to access VSTi's rather than about recording. I'm not even sure it was ever possible to record using the Vita instrument keyboard. It would make more sense to use the virtual keyboard anyway if there is no access to a midi keyboard?

Regards, Kraznet

Hi Kraznet,

It's hard to know where to stop when doing a tutorial.

As far as I know, it has never been possible to record by pressing on the keys of the keyboard at the bottom of an instrument, but many users try. My only point is that when users see the keyboard with the instrument, they try to record a few notes by pressing on the keys. Then they complain on the forum (Magix.info) that they can't record MIDI, the program is crap, without indicating how they were trying to do it. After several go-rounds of 20 questions, we discover that they were trying to use the instrument keyboard. So, just a quick mention that one cannot record using this keyboard would help reduce this problem. Maybe you can just mention this in the description on YT.

I am sure that I saw one of your tutorials about articulation keys recently, or was it as an answer to someone? If you didn't formalize it, it would be a good one and a good place to note that you can't record using the instrument keyboard. I don't think that many users are aware of these keys, as seen in the attached photo, let alone how to use them.

Thanks for all of your great tutorials,

John

Vita pop brass instrument showing articulations.jpg