Sign in to follow this  
tbridge

Installing Music Maker

I've been using MAGIX products for decades, mostly Sequioa for post-production. But sometimes, I want to chill with Music Maker, which I think is a great product (and the latest version uses the same audio engine as Sequioa, so can't be bad!). But, trying to install the program, I find there is no option to change the Directory, and the Installation program defaults to the C: drive, which in my case is a 250 SSD. Gulp! I can't find a way of changing the target directory, can anyone help?

Plus, when I run MM, my PC crashes. If I try to Uninstall MM to free up space, the Uninstall prog can't find the required files, so I'm stuck with MM on my system :-(

A bit stale, but with MMM2019, you can now change the install location. Just remember to activate after installation (previous activation codes should show up automatically) and then under the Media pool gear, select download and install and do so from the Download Manager.

Has anybody gotten Music Maker to work on a Microsoft Surface Go?  I'm running Windows S on this tablet, so I'm limited to software from the Microsoft Store. I downloaded Music Maker from there, but when I run it I see a series of splash screens and then it exists.

Hi David,

Did you mean Surface "Pro" and not "Go"?

I have no problems with MM on my Surface Pro 4, i5, 8GB RAM.

No, it's a Surface Go.  Pretty limited, but perfect for traveling.

Did you get MM from the Microsoft Store, or through a convention channel?

I understood that with Windows 10 S it's still possible to upgrade for free to Win 10 Pro on the Surface Go. No option for you?

There will be a small Surface Pro in our family soon - let's see wether it can take Samplitude somehow...

The change from "S" to regular Windows is a one-way decision. So far, I've been trying to get by in S mode because the Surface Go is my travel PC, and gets used on all kinds of sketchy public networks. I've put in a support request at Magix, but their first reply was "please run this Syscheck program". Of course that can't be run under Windows S. 

You would think if Microsoft allows an app like Music Maker to be distributed through the Windows Store, they would insist that it actually run on Microsoft's own hardware...

Whatever the problem was, the March 2019 Windows update fixed it. Music Maker now loads and runs. I would rather have Samplitude Music Studio on this tablet PC, because I ordinarily work at 96kHz,  but it's not available in the Microsoft store. Music Maker is better than nothing.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this