Something happened with my melodyne integration on my objects in a couple projects. I finished the mix a week ago, track bounced, then saved complete VIP into a new folder. Today after listening to the mixdown, i needed to make minor adjustments but when opening the saved project, all the objects list the melodyne vst, and that vst can not load at all now.  I went back to the original and even started a new project...seems something screwed up my melodyne!?!? No idea except a recent Windows update a few day ago (I think the latest?) 

Looks like a melodyne update was available but after updating it still giving me errors in those projects. Very Strange. I used it on some vocal backups and a couple lead vocal objects, a few of them I did freeze so there are a few waves in a freeze folder. (Prior to the "save complete VIP") I'm probably just gonna go back a few save's and start over. It's only two out of 9 projects that it's used in so it isn't too bad. Frustrating.

I've given up using Melodyne ARA because there is such a visual latency between the graphics and the timeline it's very off putting. I actually found that going back to the old method of using it as a track plug-in and transferring the audio was much better. Does Melodyne work for you using that method?

Regards, Kraznet

I only just started using it on these projects. I am pretty sure it was used on the object, and then possibly frozen, but a previous version of the project shows the min marks of melodyne on the object. (I was able to open that bak project) I'm finished with that, mixed and saved over the corrupt VIP. The projects that would not load the melodyne had huge offsets in the objects that used it. I think using in destructive mode (mild fixes) would work better in most of my cases. Nothing was dramatic.

I had some other problems at the same time with "Save complete VIP" in another project. One peice of audio was cut up into objects and placed onto different tracks and manipulated. Each had their own fx and track fx and one track the obects were glued to make a new wave. When I saved the project into a new folder everything was fine until I opened it up a week later and some audio in the objects were missing and one section of a wave was copied into another area of missing audio. Something happened with my system or the external drives. I have no clue.

I have never had any problems like this. The only things different in my process was freezing one or two objects with fx and melodyne to save CPU. If anything else comes up I will post otherwise I will just make double backups. 

Same issue here - how to fix that? I cannot do any ARA melodyne editing anymore in ANY projects. I hope re-installtion of SAM Pro X3 will help.

This happend after accidently applying ARA Melodyne to all objects in a project - at least the project is working. But it is nasty to open the object editor for 200++ objects end de-select the melodyne effect. Is there an efficient way?

EDIT: a re-scan of VST leads to the possibility to apply melodyne again to objects in other projects. but inside the projects it leads to the attached error.

Clipboard01.png

On 11/18/2018 at 10:13 AM, jeffdaniels said:

Same issue here - how to fix that? I cannot do any ARA melodyne editing anymore in ANY projects. I hope re-installtion of SAM Pro X3 will help.

This happend after accidently applying ARA Melodyne to all objects in a project - at least the project is working. But it is nasty to open the object editor for 200++ objects end de-select the melodyne effect. Is there an efficient way?

EDIT: a re-scan of VST leads to the possibility to apply melodyne again to objects in other projects. but inside the projects it leads to the attached error.

Clipboard01.png

The only way to solve this is to open the "semi-corrupt" project, remove any applied melodyne effects in the object editor (also check in the objects-tab the column "effects"). save the project, close it, apply a VST-PlugIn-Path rescan and then you can work with melodyne again even in the concerned project. in my case, the project is suddenly reacting a bit slower/CPU-spikey - but at least it works.