Kraznet

Samplitude Pro X4 Videos by Kraznet

This video shows how to use the plug-in browser which is new in Samplitude Pro X4. More videos to come.

Regards, Kraznet

On 12/3/2018 at 4:54 PM, Kraznet said:

This video shows how to use the plug-in browser which is new in Samplitude Pro X4. More videos to come.

Regards, Kraznet

Is there a way to revert back to the old way? :)

or maybe they should place something to the track fx menu so those who liked the old way can access from there. From what I can understand most of the track fx menu is now not needed cause of the new browser.

There is an ini setting if you're familiar with that. C:\ProgramData\MAGIX\Samplitude Pro X4 Suite open the Sam_x64 Configuration settings file and add this line to [Factors] FxBrowserOptions=1 This will give you the old VST menus plus the new browser menu.

Regards, Kraznet

1821851048_OldBrowserinientry.thumb.gif.ed3caaafd9f4ffa81799d5b5ae5e74cb.gif

2 hours ago, Kraznet said:

There is an ini setting if you're familiar with that. C:\ProgramData\MAGIX\Samplitude Pro X4 Suite open the Sam_x64 Configuration settings file and add this line to [Factors] FxBrowserOptions=1 This will give you the old VST menus plus the new browser menu.

Regards, Kraznet

It worked+ I still have the plug-in browser option, thanks!

On 12/4/2018 at 5:19 PM, Kraznet said:

My 2nd Samplitude Pro X4 video shows you how to use automation lanes.

Regards, Kraznet

Works great for manual deessing, nice and smooth.

Deess.PNG

You know what I like the most about major upgrades? We get to see some new kraznet videos!    ;-)

Great work, Martin!

It's touching to see how you sort out the mess again. Basics are still missing, like closing windows by ESC. It so would have enhanced my workflow making 13.000 cuts and adjustations lately. This is NOT a new version, this is a partial update and incomplete bugfix. 

But hooray to Kraznet anyway! And always!!

strangelove.gif

On 12/4/2018 at 6:03 PM, Kraznet said:

Regards, Kraznet

Good to have - but unfortunately then it is not possible to use the more than welcome FAVORITES out of the old VST menu list

This tip works perfectly here, including the old menu plugin.

And the 'VstPlugins.ini' is still editable to improve both old menu and new plugin browser.  :)

29 minutes ago, Johnny Blade said:

This tip works perfectly here, including the old menu plugin.

And the 'VstPlugins.ini' is still editable to improve both old menu and new plugin browser.  :)

How do you implement the Favorites list into the old VST menue?

Hi there, @Oper!

It's not possible to implement the Favorites list into the old VST Menu, but it's possible to edit the 'PluginFavorites.xml' and 'VstPlugins.ini' to improve the way that old VST menu, new plugin browser and new 'Favorites' menu display the plugins.

With a minimum of patience, you can achieve very satisfactory results in terms of displaying plugins.

The new Plugin Browser is a very good addition.

On 12/3/2018 at 1:54 PM, Kraznet said:

Regards, Kraznet

Very nice!

Yesterday i´ve download Samplitude Pro X4 to make the skin for it. And of course i had to test the new functions :)
Pros:
- The implantation of the lanes and the ability to mess around with automations levels it's amazing.
- The new midi functions are very helpful
- The new buttons and sliders looks great.
CONS:
- The skin design is terrible at the lanes section. In some skins they won't even update that part. Or is just in the demo?
- Just a few improvements for a new version.

Camo & Canis X4 Screnshot.png

Here's another tip:

f you are running 32 bits, you can not use Kraznet tip to use the old plugin browser. "Which is a great tip, because that new browser looks a mess and is slow to work with."

You need to do exactly what Kraznet said, but in a different location. There is the another sam.ini file in your "Templates folder" e have to change it here, not the one in the program folder.

[Factors]

FxBrowserOptions=1

In this case you also can see VST3 list as well. But make sure to add VST3 folder manually, even if the VST3 system folder is already listed in the program.

Dear Kraznet,

as always many thanks for your work!

Using SampX4:

What I don´t really get is the different aspects of object automation and lane automation. I tried to target lane automation with my hardware controllers, but was not fortunate. I use these with Vienna Instruments for example.

The HW Controller is (by default) written into the object automation (not the lanes) in my project.

I know that you can export the object automation into the lanes, but there seems to be no way back then. (My idea: You might edit in the lanes or make real time cc overdubs or so, - you showed the new auto generated 4 point curve method inside a range, which would be nice to use in the automation lanes)

Here is some questions I ran into:

- Can I choose the target (Lanes OR object automation) for the hardware controller data ?

- Where can I assign the Lane automation to be read from the Vienna Instruments in retrospect.

- I figured out that I can couple the lane automation to their objects with the Link all track to the right mode. Is there a overall setting to couple lane automation to objects?

At the moment it seems to me that lane and object automation are not interchangeable in editing and targeting, AFAIK.

THX!!

BX