jeffdaniels

Independence not showing up in Pro X 4 Suite

As recommended in the forum, I installed Pro X 4 Suite without uninstalling Pro X 3 Suite. Somehow the Independence PlugIn doesn't show up in the PlugIn Browser and in projects, created with the previous version, containing it as vsti, it is just marked as a missing PlugIn. I tried to remove, install it again with the delivered installer 3.5, adding several paths for vst(i) scanning but it cannot be found in pro x 4 (only 4). Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Independence wasn't showing up for me either and was removed from X3 as well.  I tried a manual reinstall from the Magix v3.5 Independence download and that didn't work - it installed and I could run the offline .exe but no plugins showed up.

Here's how I fixed it:

I manually deleted the downloaded installation file under  Documents>Magix downloads>installationsmanager

I ran Samplitude X4 as an Administrator

I chose only Independence from the Download Instruments and sounds under the Samplitude Help menu

The installation download about halfway on the progress meter and then auto-installed in a "Repair" mode - and then everything worked

I have my sample content on a separate drive so I just pointed to there for the content

Same here.

Ran the "Download Instruments" dialog again, checking only Independence. It did the "Repair installation" and the .dll files reappeared in my VST(64bit) folder and Independence showed up again in the plugin browser. All is well, functions as it should again.

Interestingly Independence was there in ProX3 before I installed ProX4 which removed it from my VST folder.

Although I did not run in Administrator mode like Gunmetal did, but I did remove the installer files from the Documents\Magix Download Folder.

Will

14 hours ago, gunmetal said:

Independence wasn't showing up for me either and was removed from X3 as well.  I tried a manual reinstall from the Magix v3.5 Independence download and that didn't work - it installed and I could run the offline .exe but no plugins showed up.

Here's how I fixed it:

I manually deleted the downloaded installation file under  Documents>Magix downloads>installationsmanager

I ran Samplitude X4 as an Administrator

I chose only Independence from the Download Instruments and sounds under the Samplitude Help menu

The installation download about halfway on the progress meter and then auto-installed in a "Repair" mode - and then everything worked

I have my sample content on a separate drive so I just pointed to there for the content

Great, this fix worked for me!

I did the same as above, ran as administrator etc but didn't need to delete the downloaded installation file. I guess the new download overwrote it.
In my case Independence did not appear at all in the new plug-in browser, even though it had correctly installed where it should, but the above process resolved it.

The object synthesizers however remain resolutely absent after several attempts of the above...

Edited by Tam