cmbourget

I wonder how to work with the tiny track markers.

I am new in Samplitude and I see many qualities. But I wonder how to work with the tiny track markers. In addition, she must take all types of markers! It's a little weird not to be able to enlarge this track. There is a marker manager, yes, but we would like to see better. Or to add multiple marker tracks. There is a hidden thing that I do not understand or we have to work with this tiny track? And the markers are always one color or can we change according to the type? Thanks for orienting me.

hi,

I'm afraid you have already discovered all what could be discovered... ;)

No Markers Track to add, no coloring, etc... sorry... ;)

welcome to Samp anyway !

Phil

C'est ok, merci. Ce serait à faire (comme de la cohérence visuelle dans ses différentes parties), mais bon, ça ne lui enlève pas ses qualités intrinsèques. Avec Samplitude, on a le sentiment d'entendre. Simplement.

It's OK, thank you. It would be to do (like visual coherence in its different parts), but hey, it does not take away its intrinsic qualities. With Samplitude, we have the feeling to hear. Simply.

Hi @cmbourget, welcome to Samplitude!

A worksround is to use track 1 as a ”Marker track” and put empty Midi objects, name them like ”Intro” ”Verse” etc and give then different colours.

You can then  use the Object manager to navigate between them or create matchning Markers in the normal marker lane to navigate with and just use the ”Midi objects” as visual guidance ...

Regards, Thomas

6 hours ago, TotteG said:

Hi @cmbourget, welcome to Samplitude!

A worksround is to use track 1 as a ”Marker track” and put empty Midi objects, name them like ”Intro” ”Verse” etc and give then different colours.

You can then  use the Object manager to navigate between them or create matchning Markers in the normal marker lane to navigate with and just use the ”Midi objects” as visual guidance ... 

Regards, Thomas

I was looking precisely in this direction (I do this in Pro Tools with audio tracks). Thank you Thomas.

I have another question: I'm doing my spacebar for PLAY: I'm listening. Normal. I do not know what I touched without knowing, but suddenly I do the same thing and, after listening, Samplitude advances alone to the next clip (instead of staying in the same place or coming back - I know these options). What's this ? There are many of these things in Samplitude (a little discouraging at times).

best,

It is called cue mode. You have accidentally switched it on.

Here are the options for cue mode:

Unbenannt.PNG.0e50e86e51185e15b28407f6e22ab6cd.PNG

And with this icon you switch it on:

Unbenannt.PNG.e7435bb86d5877ad0945406df1d83819.PNG

Georg

That's it. Thank you so much ! Nice help so far members. It's an advantage. :)

I continue my questions: there is a function so that the active track (on which we click) is automatically solo? Or the object?

I don't remember, there's a shortcut to play solo an object... CTRL + SPACE ? try it !

No, there is not. But you can assign your own keyboard shortcuts. e.g. to "solo track" assign "S", and for unsolo, aka "Global Solo" "alt+S". Works as fast and works only when you really need it.

Georg

Unbenannt.PNG.a2b08a109b111ef3ff9b9835fdee1c92.PNG

Thank you for your help, but it does not go as fast to do alt-click frequently (if you have to listen to say elements on 50 tracks).

23 hours ago, cmbourget said:

Thank you for your help, but it does not go as fast to do alt-click frequently (if you have to listen to say elements on 50 tracks).

Hi again @cmbourget!

Another workaround  ... 

If you have the mixer in focus and have a solo button selected you can use the let/right keyboard arrows to toggle between the solo buttons and use Enter to Solo/Unsolo 

(to see if an item in the mixer is selected look for a red triangle on the button, knob, fader ...)

You can use it for mutes, rec, monitor... etc as well. :)

Best, Thomas

6 hours ago, TotteG said:

Hi again @cmbourget!

Another workaround  ... 

If you have the mixer in focus and have a solo button selected you can use the let/right keyboard arrows to toggle between the solo buttons and use Enter to Solo/Unsolo 

(to see if an item in the mixer is selected look for a red triangle on the button, nobb, fader ...)

You can use it for mutes, rec, monitor... etc as well. :)

Best, Thomas

Interesting!