cmbourget

order of SENDS AUX

Despite the instructions in the manual (drag-and-drop or other) for the order of SENDS AUX, I can not change this order. I have the french manual Pro x 2. Has something changed? Or I forget a point?

Hi @cmbourget!

The only way that I know of to change the order of the AUX sends is to is to change the order of the AUX return tracks (with drag & drop), the sends will follow that order ...:) 

Best, Thomas

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, they do not follow this order. I do not know if it's visible on my pic, but if you look at the references of Pieces 2, 3 and 4, the 2 returns to the 14 first, then to the 7th.

mixer.PNG

Ok, sorry you are right, it doesn't update the order automatically, only if you do a reset of the AUX ...

(it does change the order in the "Track AUX Send" dialog, right click on the AUX on/off button)

Best, Thomas

Sorry, Thomas, that erases all the Sends. At least in my configuration .. :mellow:

2 hours ago, cmbourget said:

Sorry, Thomas, that erases all the Sends. At least in my configuration .. :mellow:

Yes, a reset does reset the AUX sends ... sorry, I should have been more clear ... :huh:

Btw, it's recommended to have all the AUX returns to the right in the mixer, after all the tracks and busses, you can get strange behavior if routing things backwards ...

I understand. I can indeed place these returns at the end. Wise advice, thanks.
On the other hand (strange behavior?): All the SENDS are self-relocating, automatically, without me doing anything, except perhaps to go in and out of the Sends option.

8 hours ago, cmbourget said:

I understand. I can indeed place these returns at the end. Wise advice, thanks.
On the other hand (strange behavior?): All the SENDS are self-relocating, automatically, without me doing anything, except perhaps to go in and out of the Sends option.

The strange behavior with backwards routing is that you can get audio glitches sometimes with playback or just at mixdown,

it has been discussed before and is mentioned here:

You can change the SENDs order in the Track AUX Menu ("X") checking and unchecking the "visible" field in the AUXs

28 minutes ago, rods said:

You can change the SENDs order in the Track AUX Menu ("X") checking and unchecking the "visible" field in the AUXs

Aha, great! Thanks @rods!!!

Best, Thomas

2 hours ago, rods said:

Thanks Rod, but that does not change the order. It changes the visibility. 2-3-1 does not become 1-2-3 according to our choice. But, as I said, I think Samplitude takes a long time to reset the natural order automatically.

5 hours ago, TotteG said:

The strange behavior with backwards routing is that you can get audio glitches sometimes with playback or just at mixdown,

it has been discussed before and is mentioned here:

I understand better, thank you. It's still a problem, this limitation. Magix technical support says what about this? You are free to put buses where you want, but, small detail, it does not work!

1 hour ago, cmbourget said:

Thanks Rod, but that does not change the order. It changes the visibility. 2-3-1 does not become 1-2-3 according to our choice. But, as I said, I think Samplitude takes a long time to reset the natural order automatically.

Sorry. Maybe I don´t understand what you need.

For testing I created 3 AUXs. They appear in the AUX send menu in the order I created them (aux1 aux2 and aux3). If I change their order (like this for example aux3 aux1 aux 2) the next time I go to a track to send audio to the AUXs they are in this new order.  I'm in ProX4. Is this what you are talking?

7 minutes ago, rods said:

Sorry. Maybe I don´t understand what you need.

For testing I created 3 AUXs. They appear in the AUX send menu in the order I created them (aux1 aux2 and aux3). If I change their order (like this for example aux3 aux1 aux 2) the next time I go to a track to send audio to the AUXs they are in this new order.  I'm in ProX4. Is this what you are talking?

No problem. I thank you for your support. I have Prox 4 too. As you change the order? Here it does not change.

i get you,i think :)

the SEND you cannot change at top of mixer ... but return you can move .. but not advisable to do so,bad things happen later

have you try:-

delete the old returns (the SEND at top also delete)

add new sends as you need

rename new sends to best names ...

the pluggins on any return can be saved,to recall later in new return with new name

maybe this works?

1 hour ago, HHfallback said:

i get you,i think :)

the SEND you cannot change at top of mixer ... but return you can move .. but not advisable to do so,bad things happen later

have you try:-

delete the old returns (the SEND at top also delete)

add new sends as you need

rename new sends to best names ...

the pluggins on any return can be saved,to recall later in new return with new name

maybe this works?

Thank you. I can try, but what do I do with sessions of 50 sends? I think (like you) that it is better to place AUX at the end of the course, right. I do not take the chance to do otherwise!

The problems start when you create AUX returns first, instead of creating them by clicking on the little send box with its slider in the AUX send row above each track. Never put a send before the track that is sending to it.  Always to the right.  You can have AUX sends for a track listed in a nice descending row over any and all tracks, and as long as those sends are not on for returns to the track's left, it's okay.  Let's say you have a project up and running and you have 10 AUX sends, but they appear in the track column as, say, 8 first, 2 second, 1 third, etc., all mixed up. Very crazy, right?  You have to reset the sends, then go into the box/drop-down where all the sends are listed, and click on the enabling boxes in order--1 first, two second, etc.  You would think the sends would default in order, no matter which one you click on first, but no, and there is some .for this--you might only, say, use AUX 8 on a guitar track, so when you enable that, it''s the only AUX send showing for that track.  Like most people, I like to see all the AUXes presented, like on a real desk, even if I'm only using one, or none at all.

This is what I do:  I work via templates almost all the time, and I set up 10 AUX sends as a default.  You can start on the first track and simply start at the top of the "AUX" column and enable the sends one by one, and this creates the returns automatically.  Once you have what you want, press <Ctrl> and left click on the AUX header and drag that over to the next track and so on.  You now have every single track with however many AUXes you wanted.  

Unusually, I think, I send only to AUXes that don't take more than a couple of sources--I'll put, say, AUX returns 2 and 3 just to the right of guitars 1, 2, 3, and four and only the guitars send to those AUX returns.  Then all those tracks, including the AUX returns, are bused to their own bus.   This mean that many AUX returns will wind up to the left of the sends in the tracks, but it doesn't matter--as long as those AUX sends are off, its all good.  Most people will likely put all the Returns at the far right in the mixer, and then send to whatever Returns, sending multiple tracks to a single Return with reverb on it or whatever.