cmbourget

crt-alt-shift + up or down arrow : all that exists to its right disappears?

Why, if I move an object to another track with the shortcut (crt-alt-shift + up or down arrow), all that exists to its right disappears? What mysterious function? Sometimes Samplitude is discouraging for new users ...

I see that with Ctrl V the move does not erase the previous object, but it blocks the movement shortcuts. It would take an option to remove this ... bizzare option of non-overlapping, and be able to simply move overlapping without loss and without Ctrl V. An idea?

I did a test and I cannot reproduce the problem when move objects using that keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+Shift up/down.

Regards, Kraznet

ShiftCtrlAltUpDown.thumb.gif.7aef5370457644a4470340a6be436372.gif

are you sure to have NOT Link One Track activated ? with this option, if you move an object, all the object AFTER this one are moved. If you have other objects on the track below, objects could be under existing ones...and disappear from the first track !

Phil

On 2/16/2019 at 9:31 AM, Kraznet said:

I did a test and I cannot reproduce the problem when move objects using that keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+Shift up/down.

Regards, Kraznet

ShiftCtrlAltUpDown.thumb.gif.7aef5370457644a4470340a6be436372.gif

Thank you Kraznet. To see well, it would be necessary to move over a longer existing clip.

You're trying to put a shorter clip over a longer clip. Try this. Drag the short clip over the longer clip. (I hold down Shift to constrain horizontal movement.) Keeping the mouse button pressed, use the "Ins" key. See GIF.

Regards, Kraznet

2130677954_PasteInsert.thumb.gif.c5e97e8aa2d9e2bd9065b4b85d2b2e64.gif

3 hours ago, Kraznet said:

You're trying to put a shorter clip over a longer clip. Try this. Drag the short clip over the longer clip. (I hold down Shift to constrain horizontal movement.) Keeping the mouse button pressed, use the "Ins" key. See GIF. 

Regards, Kraznet

2130677954_PasteInsert.thumb.gif.c5e97e8aa2d9e2bd9065b4b85d2b2e64.gif

Thank you very much for your time. That's what I said at the beginning. I find it very tedious and unnatural. I will have to think!