Sign in to follow this  
David Rick

VSTi chaining

I'm not very experienced using virtual instruments, so this might be a novice question. I recently purchased a VSTi product called Instachord, which assists in performing guitar parts from keyboard. It's intended to be interposed between a keyboard controller (iRig Keys 37 in my case) and some VSTi capable of producing the actual sound samples. I don't understand how to do this. I know how to open a MIDI track, select an instrument in Independence, and monitor or record the resulting audio. I can also insert the Instachord VSTi on a track and see that a single key on my controller is now triggering multiple midi notes. It seems like I should just be able to add Independence into the second insert slot and get audio, but when I try that, there is no longer an option to add a VSTi plug in, only VST audio plug ins. What am I missing?

I made some progress on this. It occured to me that Instachord is performing a function very similar to that of an arpeggiator, so I did a search on that. Sure enough, Kraznet has made a video tutorial on how to make an arpeggiator work in Samplitude. Here it is:

you've seen and tried this before?

https://youtu.be/hs1lbUKHfAc?t=346

This explains how to integrate an instrument and connect it to Instachord.