Alfonso

Samp 4 365 - Install on only 1 device at a time?

I'm thinking I misunderstood something about this program.  Recent purchase of a 3-month Samp 365 for a 'trial' on my side.  Installed on main workstation for recording in home studio, but also (just this eve) went to install on my mobile laptop DAW for a recording session nearby tomorrow and notified that I have to 'deactivate' on my first device and that I'm only allowed to do that once a month.

Am I hearing this right?  I have to deactivate and reactivate the program if I have it on two computers but can only do this 'once' every 30 days?

If so, I'm made the wrong purchase . . . .

thanks

Al

Hi Alfonso!

I believe it is right that the monthly rental model only permits one activation/computer at the time ...

However, where did you find the information about the once 30 day limit?

As I understand it used to be so but they dropped that limitation some years ago:

https://www.magix.info/uk/forum/deactivate-activate--1182177/#ca1314065

To switch computers there are 2 ways of deactivating / activating

Start up the none activated program on the new computer you wish to use - you should be prompted that the installation is not activated and do you wish to activate - doing so will deactivate the other computer activation.

Logon on the the magix.com website, login to your account and under My Products you can activate / deactivate the appropriate computer - you should already have activated each installation to do this.

Regards, Thomas

thanks for the response

I wasn't aware of the activation limit . . . still can't find that in any 'feature' listing for the software . . .

That said, an annoyance and if lack of internet could cause issues with use, more of an issue to me.  But I could kind of live with that 'if' there wasn't this ridiculous 'one deactivation/reactivation' within each 30 days (that is a popup that greeted me upon installing it on my laptop . . another 'feature' that I still can't find a mention of anywhere . . . ).

I'm going to go back to the laptop (note: had to use my AW1600 to record today as I wasn't comfortable 'deactivating' a piece of software I just installed onto my workstation a couple days back . .  yes, AW1600 as i really haven't used software DAWs much at all and Samplitude was always suggested to me) and indeed, deactivate the workstation and activate the laptop.  And then after that, I'm going to try and reverse that and if the system won't permit me because of a 30 day limitation, I'm done with this software before I've even started using it.

Not meaning to come across as stubborn and critical; I couldn't believe the notifications of activation that came up upon installing it on my laptop.

I'll let folks know if indeed this '30 day' limitation is real or not.

Al

Hmmmm . . . . reading that warning when deactivating my original workstation install/laptop activation and reading this on some magix page . . .

"You can change this device once a month through the Magix Service Center. . . . . . . . this program requires an internet connection at least once a month to validate the license."

Perhaps I'm reading this wrong?  Perhaps there isn't a limitation on number of times or occurrence of deactivate/activate but rather that each device must simply be 'active' at least once a month for that confirmation?

If so, more reasonable and will pursue this trial.  I'm still going to deactivate (and hell, 'reactivate') the laptop to see about any limitation.  But if no limitation, I can live to some degree with this activation dictate as I'm not using any of these devices where at least sometime during 30 days that aren't available to connect to the internet.

Al

19 hours ago, Alfonso said:

Hmmmm . . . . reading that warning when deactivating my original workstation install/laptop activation and reading this on some magix page . . .

"You can change this device once a month through the Magix Service Center. . . . . . . . this program requires an internet connection at least once a month to validate the license."

Perhaps I'm reading this wrong?  Perhaps there isn't a limitation on number of times or occurrence of deactivate/activate but rather that each device must simply be 'active' at least once a month for that confirmation?

If so, more reasonable and will pursue this trial.  I'm still going to deactivate (and hell, 'reactivate') the laptop to see about any limitation.  But if no limitation, I can live to some degree with this activation dictate as I'm not using any of these devices where at least sometime during 30 days that aren't available to connect to the internet.

Al

Ok, the line: "You can change this device once a month through the Magix Service Center" indicates that but it also refers to 2015 version, the website might need an update ...

It seems to have been dropped as support said this in 2017: "Originally this could only be done once per month, however this restriction was dropped"

https://www.magix.info/uk/forum/deactivate-activate--1182177/#ca1314065

Keep us updated how it goes ... :)

Best, Thomas

Well, along a bit with it and I've found that I can simply open the program on either device (workstation of mobile laptop) and work with it.  I don't know if some background internet authoriation is going on, but seamless use with no indication or prompt for me to 'authorize' at each use.

5 hours ago, Alfonso said:

Well, along a bit with it and I've found that I can simply open the program on either device (workstation of mobile laptop) and work with it.  I don't know if some background internet authoriation is going on, but seamless use with no indication or prompt for me to 'authorize' at each use.

That's good to hear! Haven't tried it yet, but now I will

Terry