byxx

Reopen altered Take Composer

Dear Community,

after opening the takecomposer on a vocal track I added several tracks in the take composer aand imported audio. Then the take composer was saved as Vip and I closed it. After reopening the Take Composer VIP it is not recognized as Takecomposer, but works in the normal multitrack default behaviour (monitoring all tracks).

The parenting project itself opens a new take Composer showing only the tracks, it contains, while not having added my additional takeComposer tracks that now only occur in the newly created take composers VIP. So the take composer changes have not been recognized by the origin project.

How can I make sure, that the take composer changes can be saved and  reopend from the parenting projects track? or:  How can I implement the new TakeComposer.VIP back into the parental project to be used again with comp mode etc..

THX

BX

PS: You see it in the attachment, that the reopened take composer.VIP is not attached any more to the project it stems from. No comp mode possible etc.The Tracks containing blue clips have been added and shall be used for further editing, when I reopen the take composer.

take composer customized.png

Hi BX,

When using the Take Composer you can only use it with the existing audio you recorded onto that track. Importing audio files recorded from elsewhere into the take composer is not supported. This is a limitation of the current design and probably the reason why they weren't remembered when you reopened the project.

Regards, Kraznet

Dear Kraznet,

THX so much!

I see.

Given, I would  import additional audio-objects onto empty revolvertracks in the project´s Arrange-Window (is it called like this?) and then open a fresh take composer. It will show all the tracks of the parental tracks then, each time I reopen TakeComposer, right?

Cheers

BX

---------------

UPDATE:

Besides recorded objects I can use imported ones as well from the project track "seen" in the TakeComposer, I guess. My thought is to save the edits in the TC and commence with edits later on.

35 minutes ago, byxx said:

Dear Kraznet,

THX so much!

I see.

Given, I would  import additional audio-objects onto empty revolvertracks in the project´s Arrange-Window (is it called like this?) and then open a fresh take composer. It will show all the tracks of the parental tracks then, each time I reopen TakeComposer, right?

Cheers

BX

Thanks for clarifying your method I will look into this.

Regards, Kraznet

Great!