Jakob

Question about Midi Editor

Hello everybody,

my name is Jakob and this is my first post here.

I used Samplitude a lot until 7 years ago and started to make music again some weeks ago after a loong break.
I upgraded to Samplitude X4 and it works great but I can t find out one certain thing:

How is it possible that the midi editor shows me the part that is currently played?

I attached a picture with my problem:
I select the first midi part of the kick drum (bar 9 to 11).
When I start playback everything is fine but when I listen to bar 12 the midi editor still shows the first part (bar 9 to 11) which is not very helpful as bar 12 and higher are played now.I am pretty sure that I managed to automatically view the midi part of the playback position some years ago but I tried for some hours to figure out how it works without success.. :-(

Thank you very much for your help

Regards Jakob

Sam_Midi_Question.thumb.PNG.6a68f604956c970a4bc1cc323c202286.PNG

Hi Jakob,

Judging from your screenshot the problem you have is that only the 1st MIDI object is selected so that's all that is showing up in the midi editor. if you want to see the rest of the parts you need to select them as well so they are all orange and then they should all appear in the midi editor. The quick way to select all objects is to double-click in an empty part of the track and they will be selected.

Regards, Kraznet

Hi Kraznet,

thank you very much for the fast reply, that was the problem! You saved my day :-)
After I found out that I can select all objects of the track by double-clicking in an empty space of the track I am perfectly happy.

Thanks again and regards
Jakob