byxx

changing FX order in Object editor

Dear Community,

Does the change of the PlugIn order in the channel strip effect the plugin order in the object editor?

for instance : How to put the EQ section before the PLUG In section in the OE?

thx

cHEERS

bx

byxx, I am rather certain that object plugins are entirely separate from track plugins. I'm also pretty sure that they come first and then pass through the track plugins.

I've been wrong before, but that is my experience of it.

Terry

Dear Terry,

Thanks very much!!

can you change the order of the eq and plugin section in the ObjEditor?

THX

BX

I insert an EQ as a plugin in the object editor if I need one in an object. Then I can position it anywhere I like in the chain within the object itself.

Maybe I am not following what your situation is.

Terry

Right click on the Plugin button to open the FX dialog. Change the order there to your taste.

The Objects come first, then the mixer. This you cannot change.

Georg

Dear Georg, Dear Terry,

can I change the order in the OE, lets say the fixed EQ there and the (entire) plugIn section? Of course you can assign an EQ into the plugIn section of the OE´s.

I guess, you are referring to the channel strip´s order. Just wondering about the ObjEditors overall ordering...

THX!!

Best regards

Tim

In the object editor, above the plugins slots there is a little blue button that you can press to deactivate or activate all of them at once.

However, the trick you are looking for is in right-clicking on that button. That exposes a dialog similar to the one Georg mentioned for tracks that allows you to select a plugin and use the arrow keys to change its position.

Beneath the plugins is a little arrow next to the letters FX. Dropping down that menu permits you to insert EQ116. (*Do that first, as it replaces whatever else is entered there.) Then you can add your other plugins, and after that use the right-click on the little blue button trick to re-order them.

Terry

Ah, great!! Thanks to you both!! I am not sure if Georg already referred to the OE, maybe I did not get it. :-)

Best

Tim

2 minutes ago, byxx said:

Ah, great!! Thanks to you both!! I am not sure if Georg already referred to the OE, maybe I did not get it. :-)

Best

Tim

Might have - I hope you also saw my addendum concerning EQ116 that I just entered in an edit.

Terry

1 minute ago, TerryBritton said:

Might have - I hope you also saw my addendum concerning EQ116 that I just entered in an edit.

Terry

Hey Terry, having read everything now I will check it out ASAP. Great help here!!