tdor

Independence 3.6

This says it is Independence Pro (which is a different license from the free Samplitude version). Does it also upgrade the Samplitude version?

Terry

I installed it, works fine, I have Sam X3 Suite. As standalone, or if loaded into another DAW, it won't load your suite instruments, but that was the case from day 1 I installed X3 + Suite.
So, yes, this upgrades your Samplitude Version.

Thomas

21 hours ago, tdor said:
You can download and install the latest Independence 3.6 (for Windows here):
https://my.hidrive.com/lnk/yWNAPscl

Great ,thanks Thomas!

I wasn't aware of the 3.6, thought 3.5 was the latest ... where did you get that one?

Have the separate Pro licence as well, in my Magix downloads there is only 3.5 available (but the download file is still named 3.2!?!)

The support download here is also the 3.5:

https://www.magix.com/int/support/pro-audio-downloads/

Best, Thomas

I got this link a few days ago from tech support after I reported a type of crash with Independence (memory read error); the update didn't solve the problem though.

4 hours ago, tdor said:

I got this link a few days ago from tech support after I reported a type of crash with Independence (memory read error); the update didn't solve the problem though.

Ok, thanks Thomas! Great to hear that they keep on updating Independence :)

Guest rBh

Can anyone describe the update  - I believe I'm still at 3.1 . the last issue I encountered was an inability to host VSTi's in 64 bit.... I could in 32 bit   and it is a huge advantage IMHO.

@Guest rBh,

Visually there is no difference, the Manual is for 3.0 (2012). Version 3.5 and 3.6 can host 64bit VSTis. If they work or not seems to depend on the plugin itself: Recently I had sforzando from Plogue working in Independence; with the updates 3.5 and 3.6 sforzando still loads, but I cannot play any sounds. Another VSTi I tired works just fine in Independence.

I found that with the 32 bit hosting, the major restriction I found was that multy out synths didn't seem to work - but most all with single stereo outs seemed to work fine.  So to update to 3.6, does this require re-registering to update versions ?  I'm concerned because I have both my Ind Pro version working for general VSTi  as well as Samplitudes version working with in samp.... I don't want to to register and find that I can only work with Sampltude.

I can't answer this exactly. I suggest creating a restore point within Windows. Then run this installer for 3.6. I am 99% sure you'll be fine, but if anything goes south then wind back to your restore point.

Thanks all for the links above. It seems the last version available from " my account " download is version 3.2. I'll try the 3.6 version to see if it loads - thanks for the reminder to set a restore point. I really don't want to deal with the library download . I actually have 3 different sets of the library on dvd - and a pretty incredibly slow dsl connection. I'm hoping the software suite just replaces the existing install with no headaches. I looking forward to getting back vst hosting with in Inde. Are there any other improvements under the hood? It's really been pretty trouble free for me.

3.6 wouldn't work in stand alone mode - The library paths aren't recognized and when I point to the image files - I get a failed to open dialogue  -

I do wish that the download files section had some relevant information  besides " Download "  Oh well I'll  try 3.2 again and hope it's really 3.5 under the hood. Thanks for the info.

The default path, you should find in the Preferences of Independence:

Windows\ProgramFiles (x86)\Magix\Independence Libraries

The other path is:

Windows\ProgramData\Magix\Independence Libraries

Thanks for the link to version 3.5 - All is well  aside from my general confusion :)  3.5 installed and followed my previous library path files with no issue.

there was some confusion to file names - my earlier download had 3_2 in the file name. The install stated it was in fact 3.5 and though there was a flash of 3.3 at some point during the install - when all is complete 3.5 is reported on the preferences page in Independence.  I think I'm up to date.

I did try to remove and re-define the paths when attempting toget the 3.6  install  to work.

What was meant by point to image files is : in the case that the library paths are lost or messed up - As you load a program that points to the image files for samples - there is a dialogue that lets you "find " the image file. In the past I've been able to point to the relevant image files and the program was able to find the samples.

What will change, if I'll update Independence Pro? Are there also new instruments? And, is it possible to do the update process using Samplitude? I don't know which version already works. I installed that version that comes with the Independence installer that appears when I loaded the Independence plugin into a slot using the Samplitude mixer.

There was no change log, visually it's the same, same manual, functions all the same. I think the update is for all Independent Versions, i.e, for Pro, and the one that comes with the Suite. What you get depends on your license. I updated to 3.6 with X3 Suite with no issues at all.

I hate to report this, but I already own Independence Pro (and the download in my MAGIX Pro Service Center gives me 3.5 as of a few weeks ago).

When I tried 3.6, it broke. I could not get it to recognize my libraries, which work again after uninstalling 3.6 and installing 3.5 again. That was a real puzzler!!!

Terry

I tried to look for an update section in my Service center, but I didn't found it. Now I had a look at my latest version I installed. It was Independence 3.3 which comes with Samplitude Pro X3 Suite.

OK. another question: when I installed Independence Pro with Samplitude Pro X3 Suite, which one is the included version? In the patches and downloads section of the service center there are downloads for the editions: standard, plus and premium. So which version might be that version that is included in Pro X3 Suite? And what are the differences between those editions?

37 minutes ago, Patrick Zündel said:

OK. another question: when I installed Independence Pro with Samplitude Pro X3 Suite, which one is the included version? In the patches and downloads section of the service center there are downloads for the editions: standard, plus and premium. So which version might be that version that is included in Pro X3 Suite? And what are the differences between those editions?

The version number for the one you have is found in the Preferences tab at the bottom of the screen to the left of the "Save Preferences" button.

It is my understanding that 3.3 saw the introduction of support for 64-bit VST plugins to be used as part of an Independence project, where you could add a VSTi as a layer or use VST effects that you had placed into the special Independence VST Plugins folder found in C:\ProgramData\MAGIX\Independence\VST Plug-Ins. (VST effects cannot be added to a layer containing a VST instrument, though - only to an Independence instrument.)

I know of no other differences, as MAGIX does not appear to publish a changelog for Independence. I have the 3.5 version of Independence Pro which is the version found in my Service Center downloads area. It is mislabeled if I recall correctly, and I had to download it and install it to discover I had the upgraded 3.5 version sitting there waiting for me. https://www.magix.com/int/support/pro-audio-downloads/

Terry

On 8/10/2019 at 4:58 AM, tdor said:

I was getting this (crashed Sequoia as soon as it got to a midi note).  I noticed it was pinning a processor core.  I went into Independence preferences and changed the multi-core support to OFF.  No more crashes with memory read error.  Note this setting is across all types of Independence (VST, standalone etc).

On 9/6/2019 at 2:03 AM, TerryBritton said:

I hate to report this, but I already own Independence Pro (and the download in my MAGIX Pro Service Center gives me 3.5 as of a few weeks ago).

When I tried 3.6, it broke. I could not get it to recognize my libraries, which work again after uninstalling 3.6 and installing 3.5 again. That was a real puzzler!!!

Terry

Confirming this Terry.  3-5 is compatible with the content on my Sequoia v14 DVD's, 3-6 is not. 

14 hours ago, potscrubber said:

I was getting this (crashed Sequoia as soon as it got to a midi note).  I noticed it was pinning a processor core.  I went into Independence preferences and changed the multi-core support to OFF.  No more crashes with memory read error.  Note this setting is across all types of Independence (VST, standalone etc).

Thanks! Will enable this. On another note, I updated Windows to 1903 and this behavior was gone.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.