Factor

Stop at end of project

Is there a feature in samplitude pro x3 to have the cursor stop at end of project? I'm sure I just I'm just not looking in the right place...

Thanks...

2 hours ago, Philw said:

hi,

are you sure to not have Loop engaged in the transport bar ?

Phil

no I don't have loop engaged...

Go to System options "Y" , select playback and check "stop at position"

IMG_20190901_113514.png

He wants it to stop at the end of the project (i.e. after the rightmost object on any track in the arranger).

Stop at position is of no use for that...

@Factor,

You can do this with "Ranges", select a range from start to end of your project, the play cursor will stop at the end of the range. You can define multiple ranges.

Then there is also the option to define the length of your project in project properties, first tab "General"

Using the shortcut CTRL-SHIFT- ] (Right Bracket) pops up the correct settings window so you can adjust the length of the project.

I usually tap the "END" key first (shortcut for menu item "Play/Rec - Move Play Cursor - To End"), then enter the value shown at the bottom of the VIP track window under "Pos" (Position).

Voila! It stops playing at that point! :-)

1619955798_SamplitudeProjectOptionsGeneralEND.png.5f1936f3662c0cb5ae7c4bba0d3e21e7.png

there's an option under Y (system) to lock the VIP against Zoom Out, could be useful too.

And if you have too much blank space after the last object, you could place the cursor at the end of you project, let a small space after you last object (important for FX tails), then CTRL+End and CTRL+Del. Your VIP will be more near to the real lenght of you project, then in play mode, cursor will stop at the end, if loop is not ticked.

In record mode, new space is automatically created if the VIP is not long enough.

cheers !

Phil