Gabor Pelva

Automatization of multiple tracks

Hello!

I want to automate volume of multiple tracks, need them quieter in some parts of the song, but keeping the proportions.

Is that possible and how to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Let me to explain in more detail my question. 

Say, I have a vocal track and arrangement tracks with few instruments. At some point I want to be quieter arranging, when the vocal is quieter, but I don't want increase the vocal volume. In this case I have to decrease the volume of the others. I think this is possible with some AUX bus game, sending others to one AUX and automate the AUX volume. But how much volume should I set, when I assign AUX to tracks on this small yellow or orange fader under aux in track editor. 0 Db? And when I decrease the volume of AUX, the volume of assigned tracks remaines the same.  Generaly this is question for me in other cases also, when I playing with AUX. The AUX problem is frustrating for me a bit. Pre vs. post, volumes etc.

Or maybe  I can export the whole arranging tracks to one Wav, import it to another project with vocal track and automate the arranging track as one? In this case I can't  improve the mix of the arranging.

I would be grateful for any advice.

Not sure which version of Samplitude you have, but look into using VCA faders and automating those instead of using normal groups. It is easier to manage and actually more effective as the reverb sends stay properly relative to the track. Here is a good article by Magix on them:

http://magazine.magix.com/en/mixing-with-vca-faders/

The automation method is near the bottom of the article, but read the entire thing - quite enlightening!

Terry