Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Blade

Ozone 9 & Samplitude

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I'm using Pro X3 and because I had just recently upgraded from Ozone 7 Elements to Ozone 8 Adv, so I was able to enjoy a free update to Ozone 9 Adv.

The first thing I noticed in "9" was that the first time scanning of the new VSTs had already taken an unusually long time (several minutes!). 
When opening Ozone 9 in the mastering section of the mixer I had to wait 15 to 20 seconds until the plugin was open. Ozone 8 opens within 2 seconds. When Ozone 9 was open, I could use everything without any problems so far.

Then I asked if it was Samplitude (Pro X3 still has problems with VST3) and did the same in Reaper - the same experience (both when scanning the VSTs for the first time and also later when opening the plugin).

I'm going to reinstall version 9 and see if that's the reason, but I can't imagine.
Obviously, there are still older Ozone versions on my system (Ozone 7 Elements and 8 Adv.), but this shouldn't be a problem. 
 

--- Postscript: There was an update overnight (9.02), so now the standalone version opens as fast as the 8er so far. In both DAWs it still takes so long. Apparently iZotope is still working on it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Nordlead said:

The first thing I noticed in "9" was that the first time scanning of the new VSTs had already taken an unusually long time (several minutes!). 
When opening Ozone 9 in the mastering section of the mixer I had to wait 15 to 20 seconds until the plugin was open. Ozone 8 opens within 2 seconds. When Ozone 9 was open, I could use everything without any problems so far.

Then I asked if it was Samplitude (Pro X3 still has problems with VST3) and did the same in Reaper - the same experience (both when scanning the VSTs for the first time and also later when opening the plugin).

The same here!!! And many users of other DAWS have also experienced this delay.

I am disappointed!

14 hours ago, Nordlead said:

--- Postscript: There was an update overnight (9.02), so now the standalone version opens as fast as the 8er so far. In both DAWs it still takes so long. Apparently iZotope is still working on it...

Good news, I'm going to check this out, thanks for that!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I new situation: Still thinking that perhaps my system is the root of the problem I have uninstalled all Ozone versions and all user data as well, also checked that there were no VSTs left in the various folders and started reinstalling.

First Ozone 9 - and nothing was better. Even the installation process took at least 3 ti
mes as long as the installation of O8. Then the initial scan again several minutes (O8 took perhaps 10 seconds for the whole scan) and opening of any O9 plugin in the DAWs again more than 10 seconds.

Then again Ozone 8 to have the comparison: fast installation, fast initial scan, fast opening.

Well the weirdest thing was than that I noticed that both standalone versions for O9 and O8 don't "play" anymore! When pressing "play" the "cursor" remains at 0:00 min and nothing can be heard. In the DAW the plugins work fine. I did the whole procedure of uninstalling and reinstalling again, with no better result.

So I've written to the support team and will hopefully get some help.

@Johnny Blade: Thanks for confirming that this seems to be a general problem. So, we'll wait for a soon update and hopefully also this strange "play error" in the standalone version will be gone as well... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not seeing any difference between Pro X3 & X4 (388).  On Master Bus, O8 & O9 loads in 2-3 seconds and maybe 1 second switching between presets.  Tried it on an empty VIP as well as a 24 track project.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, fwrend said:

I'm not seeing any difference between Pro X3 & X4 (388).  On Master Bus, O8 & O9 loads in 2-3 seconds and maybe 1 second switching between presets.  Tried it on an empty VIP as well as a 24 track project.

Thanks for your feedback, really strange and interesting at the same time. I have the same problems as Johnny Blade. O9 behaved weirdly right from the first installation. It’s good that it’s working for you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I quickly did another test and installed O9 on another Win 10 PC as a trial.
The same problem with Reaper (slow installation of the software, several minutes of initial VST scanning, more than 10 seconds to load a plugin) can be seen here as well.
The only difference here is that the standalone version runs (plays) fine. Somehow on my Music PC some "installation leftovers" (in the registry?) seem to interfere with the re-installation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, that does seem strange that it happens on two different computers.  FWIW, I am running the ASIO driver provided with my MOTU 8M and not the Magix Low Latency one.  Also, this is with the VST 2 version.  For some reason Sam isn't picking up the VST 3 version on scan.  Wish I could be of more help.

EDIT: also loads fine in Reaper - even a bit quicker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×