Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Blade

Ozone 9 & Samplitude

Hi,

I'm using Pro X3 and because I had just recently upgraded from Ozone 7 Elements to Ozone 8 Adv, so I was able to enjoy a free update to Ozone 9 Adv.

The first thing I noticed in "9" was that the first time scanning of the new VSTs had already taken an unusually long time (several minutes!). 
When opening Ozone 9 in the mastering section of the mixer I had to wait 15 to 20 seconds until the plugin was open. Ozone 8 opens within 2 seconds. When Ozone 9 was open, I could use everything without any problems so far.

Then I asked if it was Samplitude (Pro X3 still has problems with VST3) and did the same in Reaper - the same experience (both when scanning the VSTs for the first time and also later when opening the plugin).

I'm going to reinstall version 9 and see if that's the reason, but I can't imagine.
Obviously, there are still older Ozone versions on my system (Ozone 7 Elements and 8 Adv.), but this shouldn't be a problem. 

--- Postscript: There was an update overnight (9.02), so now the standalone version opens as fast as the 8er so far. In both DAWs it still takes so long. Apparently iZotope is still working on it...

14 hours ago, Nordlead said:

The first thing I noticed in "9" was that the first time scanning of the new VSTs had already taken an unusually long time (several minutes!). 
When opening Ozone 9 in the mastering section of the mixer I had to wait 15 to 20 seconds until the plugin was open. Ozone 8 opens within 2 seconds. When Ozone 9 was open, I could use everything without any problems so far.

Then I asked if it was Samplitude (Pro X3 still has problems with VST3) and did the same in Reaper - the same experience (both when scanning the VSTs for the first time and also later when opening the plugin).

The same here!!! And many users of other DAWS have also experienced this delay.

I am disappointed!

14 hours ago, Nordlead said:

--- Postscript: There was an update overnight (9.02), so now the standalone version opens as fast as the 8er so far. In both DAWs it still takes so long. Apparently iZotope is still working on it...

Good news, I'm going to check this out, thanks for that!!

Well, I new situation: Still thinking that perhaps my system is the root of the problem I have uninstalled all Ozone versions and all user data as well, also checked that there were no VSTs left in the various folders and started reinstalling.

First Ozone 9 - and nothing was better. Even the installation process took at least 3 ti
mes as long as the installation of O8. Then the initial scan again several minutes (O8 took perhaps 10 seconds for the whole scan) and opening of any O9 plugin in the DAWs again more than 10 seconds.

Then again Ozone 8 to have the comparison: fast installation, fast initial scan, fast opening.

Well the weirdest thing was than that I noticed that both standalone versions for O9 and O8 don't "play" anymore! When pressing "play" the "cursor" remains at 0:00 min and nothing can be heard. In the DAW the plugins work fine. I did the whole procedure of uninstalling and reinstalling again, with no better result.

So I've written to the support team and will hopefully get some help.

@Johnny Blade: Thanks for confirming that this seems to be a general problem. So, we'll wait for a soon update and hopefully also this strange "play error" in the standalone version will be gone as well... 

Yes. We all need an update!

O7 and O8 are still great and much better to load. I think the new scalable skin is the villain.

I'm not seeing any difference between Pro X3 & X4 (388).  On Master Bus, O8 & O9 loads in 2-3 seconds and maybe 1 second switching between presets.  Tried it on an empty VIP as well as a 24 track project.

8 hours ago, fwrend said:

I'm not seeing any difference between Pro X3 & X4 (388).  On Master Bus, O8 & O9 loads in 2-3 seconds and maybe 1 second switching between presets.  Tried it on an empty VIP as well as a 24 track project.

Thanks for your feedback, really strange and interesting at the same time. I have the same problems as Johnny Blade. O9 behaved weirdly right from the first installation. It’s good that it’s working for you! 

I quickly did another test and installed O9 on another Win 10 PC as a trial.
The same problem with Reaper (slow installation of the software, several minutes of initial VST scanning, more than 10 seconds to load a plugin) can be seen here as well.
The only difference here is that the standalone version runs (plays) fine. Somehow on my Music PC some "installation leftovers" (in the registry?) seem to interfere with the re-installation.

Hmm, that does seem strange that it happens on two different computers.  FWIW, I am running the ASIO driver provided with my MOTU 8M and not the Magix Low Latency one.  Also, this is with the VST 2 version.  For some reason Sam isn't picking up the VST 3 version on scan.  Wish I could be of more help.

EDIT: also loads fine in Reaper - even a bit quicker.

Hi all,

I had contacted the iZotope support and have sent them on demand some analytic data from my system. I’ve just received this mail from them:

“Thanks so much for that, our developers have identified an issue that can be fixed through an update. This will likely be pushed in the next week or two. I'm sorry for any inconvenience here!”

Some days before they’ve written: “Thanks for all of these details, we're closing in on an issue here. It seems to be limited to custom built PCs on the new Windows OS.”

This sounds great and so we’ll wait and looking forward to this update :)

@Nordlead  Great news - iZotope rocks!

FYI, I had just upgraded to Music Production Suite 2.1 back in early August.  Then, they released O9 & MPS 3 earlier this month.

I was a little bummed about it because the upgrade price to MPS 3 is $199 at iZotope and $167 (at a third party site).  I emailed support and they responded back letting me know I was just outside of the grace period but because I was a long-time customer, proceeded to offer me a FREE upgrade along with the current sale extras (Exponential Audio R4 & Nimbus and One-year pass to Groove3).

So, if you haven't upgraded yet, don't hesitate to email them - it's worth a shot.  The sale is still on and you can pick up the MPS 2.1->3 upgrade for $167.17 including the aforementioned extras at JRR Shop using the code group.

10 hours ago, Johnny Blade said:

Version 9.0.2 is out.

Can anyone tell if there have been improvements?

No, 9.0.2 is actually the version from October 9th (see one of the posts above), it still has the "extremely slow issue".

Still waiting for the promised update where this problem shall be solved (as customer support has written to me).

Anybody here using Ozone 9 with restricted user rights? We permanently get error message on program start: "Resource files missing". 

Ozone 9 takes a long time to be inserted into a plugin chain, but once inserted it opens as smooth as Ozone 8.

After some testing, I noticed that there were noticeable improvements in DSP algorithms. For example, the Maximizer IRC IV (Modern mode) now delivers warmer, smoother sound with noticeable detail. Vintage Limiter (Tube mode) features a more "inflated" saturation, which produces a much more "full" sound.

As I compare the plugins against the similar ones of Ozone 8 I have the impression that it is a totally new program, and this is very good and interesting!

However, Samplitude still takes a long time to open projects loaded with Ozone 9 plugins. In that respect, Ozone 8 and 7 are perfect.

iZotope needs to fix this problem. I see many users of other DAWS complaining a lot about this in various specialized forums. I can't get news about whether or not the company is moving about it, but judging by the complaints, I hope so.

Ozone 9, when it works as expected, represents an exciting upgrade.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this