fwrend

Standalone Version

I know this is discussed in another thread but not here.

Just to clarify for me (and others): even though X3 & X4 Suites come with "Independence Pro Premium," one must STILL purchase a separate license to use Independence on it's own and in other DAWs?

Am I correct that all I need is the "Independence Pro Standard" version for $65 - basically purchasing the engine which will use all of the instruments that came with the aforementioned X Suites?

No, not at all. Scroll down on the Overview page to see what comes with Standard, Pro and Premium; 2GB, 12GB and 70GB sound library, respectively.

Then look at the comparison chart to see all of the differences between Pro and Premium.

Thanks and sorry for the convoluted question.  I have Sam X4 Suite so I have Independence Pro Premium and all the instruments BUT cannot open the Independence player on it's own or use it in my other DAWs.

The info page and comparison charts show nothing about standalone capability nor use in other DAWs.

EDIT: okay, I was wrong about using Ind in other DAWs though there was a time I had a problem with it.  Opens and works great in other DAWs.

However, when I open Independence (post 3.6 update), it requests activation but will not accept my X4 registration beginning with P2.

Okay, I forgot that I had queried Magix earlier this year about the standalone/DAW VST.  Here was Magix response:

Hi Wren,

We can offer a 50% rebate on the Premium Suite VST version. So it would be $ 299 minus 50% =  $ 149.  This is a standalone VST version and also works with other DAWs.

Cheers,

Markus  

So, although we get the "Independence Pro Premium" sampler with Pro X Suite, we must pay at least another $149 to use it outside of Sam.  Typical MAGIX.

1 hour ago, TerryBritton said:

Just to note that for some 3.6 does not work. Only 3.5 will "see" the libraries.

Terry

Thanks Terry.  And to be clear, are you talking about inside or outside of Samplitude or both?

I imagine both, as I mostly use Independence within Samplitude. But now I don't remember if I actually tested the standalone, the Samp plugin and the plugin in another DAW. I'll make some time to test it soon, but as I am building a template/instances in Vienna Ensemble Pro for Independence now, I'll not be messing with anything else for a bit.

Terry

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.