Sign in to follow this  
Patrick Zündel

Mastering and Repair Suite in Pro 13 Suite?

Hello guys!

I've a little question. Sound Forge Pro 11 includes a plugin from iZotope which is called Mastering and Repair Suite. I think that was a great plugin, so I tried to install it again and I wanted to Keep it running using Sound Forge Pro 13 Suite. I tried very much, but I wasn't able to get the Mastering and Repair Suite into the FX Favorites list. I checked it and realized that it has been installed corectly. But now there is the question: Is there a special way to include that plugin in Sound forge Pro 13 Suite?

Regards,

Patrick

Hi Patrick!

I don't have Sound Forge Pro 13 but I have version 12 and the Mastering and Repair Suite plugins works fine there but they are only 32-bit plugins, SF Pro 12 & 13 are now 64-bit.

Check in Options/Preferences/VST Effects. In v12 there is an "Alternate VST Search Folder" which is pointed to the 32-bit VST folder.

Best, Thomas

21 hours ago, TotteG said:

Hi Patrick!

I don't have Sound Forge Pro 13 but I have version 12 and the Mastering and Repair Suite plugins works fine there but they are only 32-bit plugins, SF Pro 12 & 13 are now 64-bit.

Check in Options/Preferences/VST Effects. In v12 there is an "Alternate VST Search Folder" which is pointed to the 32-bit VST folder.

Best, Thomas

There is a 32-Bit install option for Pro 12, but honestly most are probably better off getting Ozone 8 Standard for $49 off Plugin Boutique at this point.  That will work in everything (VST2 and VST3).  The old bundled plugins are... really showing their age.  And, you may have to install the 32-Bit version of Sound Forge to use them.

Sound Forge bundled with Samplitude doesn't include the license for them, either (even though the download will offer them).

I think MixCraft includes the old iZotope Mastering Essential plugin, but I'm not sure if that will work in Sound Forge or any other DAW/Audio Editor (assuming you own that, cause Ozone 8 is cheaper to buy).

I think Ozone 7/8 Elements is better than the old iZotope plugin.  It basically replaced those SKUs of the product.

5 hours ago, Trensharo said:

There is a 32-Bit install option for Pro 12,

Hi @TrensharoThanks, that's right ... :)

And, you may have to install the 32-Bit version of Sound Forge to use them.

As stated and confirmed above the 32-bit plugin works fine in the 64-bit Sound Forge.

Sound Forge bundled with Samplitude doesn't include the license for them, either (even though the download will offer them).

Sound Forge bundled with Samplitude Pro X3 does include the licence for the Mastering and Repair Suite plugins, but the one bundled with Pro X4 don't include a licence.

I think MixCraft includes the old iZotope Mastering Essential plugin, but I'm not sure if that will work in Sound Forge or any other DAW/Audio Editor (assuming you own that, cause Ozone 8 is cheaper to buy).

I think Ozone 7/8 Elements is better than the old iZotope plugin.  It basically replaced those SKUs of the product.

Yes I know there are better options nowadays but Patrick liked and wanted the the plugins he have to show up in Sound Forge Pro 13 and we got that issue solved ... :)

Best, Thomas