Droqles

Exporting - drums aren't exported

Hi, I'm using "Samplitude Pro X2 Silver (64-Bit)" and when I try to export my song I get all sound except for the Midi drums that I have made.

I tried a lot of options, but I really can't seem to get it to work. And the keys midi I used gets exported just fine.

Please help, Best regards

Droqles

Hi Tonminister

I initially recorded it with my drumkit - Roland TD1, but deleted it and rewrote it in the midi drum editor. I haven't downloaded any plugins not use VST's on anything but the keys (but they work)

Droqles

Hi,

I don't understand where the drum sounds come from? MIDI isn't doing any sound by itself.

Do you hear the drums during playback? What is the MIDI output routing of the drum track? Are you using the Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth?

Cheers

Christian

Hehe no I guess not, I added a picture of how I made it below. 

Yes, everything plays during playback and editing - just not when I export it. All are routed to 1+2 (speakers)  

It says Microsoft GS in the midi drum editor? :o

File.PNG

file2.PNG

Hi Droqles,

you are using the Microsoft GS Synth for Drums, this is a software synth from Microsoft which is outside of Samplitude. It just behaves like an external synth, and you would have to record its output to export it with your song - which makes no sense. BTW, the latency must be awful using this synth.

Load a virtual instrument for that track just like you loaded Revolta on your Keys Track.

I don't know what comes with X2 Silver, maybe Independence or some VITA drums?

Otherwise, there are a lot of free VST plugins, like these:

https://thehomerecordings.com/free-drum-vst-plugins/

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Christian

BTW, you can set the time grid to bars and beats, which makes more sense for a song than minutes and seconds.