slurve

sampitude se vs magix studio 10 deluxe

How is everyone,

I'm currently using music studio 10. I haven't recorded anything with it i'm just using it for editing. in the future I do plan to move up and record with Sam V8. Would there be any benifit in starting with Sam se? The screen shots of the interfaces are so similar.

Also has there been any problems with V8 and XP media center?

Thank you very much for any advice I'm sure it will help.

Kind Regards

Slurve

You don't get help for questions like that. You need to imply you plan to spend much more money. $30-$50 programs won't solicit much of a useful response, that comes from within the secret society (gotta get Samp Pro to get in there B) )

Seriously, doesn't that irritate the hell out of you to be ignored for 5 days as if no one saw your post, though there's answers around it? I watched it all before, just under different names (forgot my old user names over time). Same old nonsense going on. :unsure:

SE is a very crippled version of Classic and Pro. It is designed for one purpose. Not to allow anyone to remain satisfied owning it becasue you would want the features out of reach that Classic and Pro have. It's a fancy demo but unsatisfying host for the long-term...FOR $50.00!! To add insult, the German magazine, KEYS, had it for free in their May 2006 issue on a CD. Ohhh, you didn't get the magazine? Well, that'll be $50.00 then!!! :D

24-bit/96Khz - (easy to implement higher rates, but leave it here or they might get too content and not buy the more expensive versions :o )

Automatic latency compensation for Samplitude effects - 3rd party plug-ins don't qualify (they might get too content and not buy the more expensive versions :D )

First you offer it to a small demographic who has access to a music magazine for free while many don't have that opportunity (ok, I'll send $10 for the magazine purchase, but I want the GD magazine too). Then you insult those without that opportunity by saying, "Oh, you seem to be interested in this SE "demo" (which is all it is as far as I'm concerned)? Great, that'll be $50 [suckers]". I'm insulted because they know no one will want to keep that version for any serious work, banking that serious users will require the feature set of Classic and/or Pro. If users don't move up to Classic or Pro after using SE, they NEVER will, so there's no lost profit, yet you have to squeeze everyone for $50.00 just for that taste.

Ok, I've vented. I don't think it should necessarily be free, but asking more than $20.00 is arrogant in my book. What are you people, capitalists? :( Bad PR. Oh, so is not answering slurves question for 5 days (or at all?). Makes me want to spend the money :D

I'm currently using music studio 10. I haven't recorded anything with it i'm just using it for editing. in the future I do plan to move up and record with Sam V8. Would there be any benifit in starting with Sam se? The screen shots of the interfaces are so similar.

The SE will give you some sam-like feeling, although important things are not there (eg shortcut editor and burning-ability).

Nevertheless the 50 EUR are not lost if you upgrade - they will be discounted from the original classic/pro price (AFAIK)

Martin

P.S: a free demo version is also available..

The SE will give you some sam-like feeling, although important things are not there (eg shortcut editor and burning-ability).

Nevertheless the 50 EUR are not lost if you upgrade - they will be discounted from the original classic/pro price (AFAIK)

Martin

P.S: a free demo version is also available..

Seriously, doesn't that irritate the hell out of you to be ignored for 5 days as if no one saw your post, though there's answers around it? I watched it all before, just under different names (forgot my old user names over time). Same old nonsense going on. B)

Well, I think it's because most people who have Samp SE or Magix Studio 10 probably don't have the other to compare it to. Then there are those (like myself) who haven't used either SE or Studio 10.... So the only thing I can really comment on is that Samp Pro is great. B)

If I had experience with both programs I would have responded and I'm sure others would have also. :(

-tkr

If you are already using Music Studio, you are already on the path to learning digital audio, and have a good product to learn with. The benefit of Samplitude SE for you would be the upgrade path to the professional application, and the fact that learning the interface will make you more proficient once you do upgrade. Magix Music Studio has a robust feature set that will allow you to do full scale music production.

I wouldn't get pissed when a topic such as this gets no response. It's a useless discussion, and most people don't have time to waste on these type of topics. Especially those of us from the Secret Society.

Every post on this SE forum seems to be about is knocking Samplitude SE for not being Samplitude Proffesional. How bizarre.

If you read any of the advertisement text in regards to SE, it clearly states that the software is for the audio NOVICE. A STARTING POINT to the world of digital audio, computer based multi-track recording, professsional non-destructive editing, and post-production mastering. The intention is to introduce a new user to the concepts, functionality, and potential of a full scale package, like Samplitude Classic, which is what you would use should you advance to a "non-novice".

Samplitude SE is a great way to learn how to record, edit, mix and master in the same environment as the professional application...and offers an easy and cost effective upgrade path to the real deal...should you want or need it. If you're looking for bang-for-the buck software...Music Studio is a good choice in and of itself.

Magix has created a perfect and welcome solution to the real world needs of digital audio students, those developing the skills to be future professionals, and it get's knocked by "software collectors", who seem to buy and own software for feature set bragging rights and not for actually recording, mixing, and mastering actual music. I can't imagine someone not being able to see the benefit of starting with a product like Samplitude SE, regardless of it's capability in comparison to Classic or Professional.

I am now recommending SE to any future audio professional, to the studio students I have that want to learn how to "do what I do", I am now requiring it for my training studio assistants, and recommending it to artists I work with as a home demo and songwriting solution that they can bring to me in native format.

In regards to Gingly Joe's comments;

Samplitude SE is for the NOVICE, developing digital audio user.

If you are in need of sampling anything at a resolution above 24/96, you are NOT an audio NOVICE.

If you are in need of latency compensation for third party VST effects, you are NOT an audio NOVICE.

If you are in need of redbook CD authoring, you are NOT an audio NOVICE.

I you are doing any of these things and balking at $300 to get into Samplitude Classic, I would just have to say that you are not Samplitude's target audience. I still thing that Sampliutude Pro at $1200, is insanely cheap for what I am able to achieve every day in my studio with it.

To add insult, the German magazine, KEYS, had it for free in their May 2006 issue on a CD.

Maybe you are interested in adding to your "wise-assdom-database" that in these case the magazine has payed the license fee instead of the end user in one or the other way. What the hell is wrong with that?

Regards,

Sebastian

:)

could some of the big guys sit back and look at the newbie site, please.

its these sorts of questions, and the support that they bring that can influence a buying decision.

i know that 'officialy' there is no support here, but answer these questions and some of the guys using a cover mounted freebie, will think ' hey i like the way this works, and if i had classic or proffesional then i ve got it - and look, SOS likened professional to nuendo, but to the uk it is much cheaper! cancel the holiday love, i'm off to buy a DAW'

somebody really does need to answer these sorts of questions.

my soundcard manuf is mentioned in compatibility reports by MAGIX

my soundcard manuf mentions that it is compatible with samplitude

i ask for users thoughts

i get nothing

i have not purchased samp yet, so i cant ask the 'secret society' their opinions, would be nice for a 'works really well' from tech support or the like.

do you think i could get £0.02 off the profesional price for this consulting work? ;)

sebastian has just given a mixtreme answer, but the general rant remains, i thank you

OK, we are listening... what are your questions?

I think one question is open, so here we go - to check wether Sam runs with Media Center Edition, download the demo and check if it works on your system. In general, Sam runs with Media Center.

Greetings,

Frank

I seem to recall reading something very recently concerning Windows Media Center and pro-audio, but I cannot find where. I believe that WMC has many more background services running that regular XP and so can be problematic for heavy audio use.

BGK

My understanding is that any badly behaving backround services can be turned off. However: I am running a SQL 2005 server on my Laptop. Still, I can use Sequoia normally. The SQL server is a hughe service, but it is behaving quiet unless being used.

Cheers,

Sebastian

Hi "daddy",

I think this thread is just lost beyond rescue... ;)

Cheers,

Sebastian

ha ha, son i thought i had lost you forever!

:)

your much nicer when giving these guys answers though :)

getting my list of questions together

My understanding is that any badly behaving backround services can be turned off. However: I am running a SQL 2005 server on my Laptop. Still, I can use Sequoia normally. The SQL server is a hughe service, but it is behaving quiet unless being used.

Cheers,

Sebastian

Indeed, but I understand that there are a lot more background services by default in the Media Center Edition of XP and in XP Pro. Further, I would think that media related services are more likely to interfere with audio applications than SQL... But this is just speculation on my part.

... and this speculation is most likely wrong. A monster backround service is never good when the thread priority doesn't work. MSSQL Server is a hughe monster, but XPs thread priority works ok, and so that's no issue.

Cheers,

SG

You don't get help for questions like that. You need to imply you plan to spend much more money. $30-$50 programs won't solicit much of a useful response, that comes from within the secret society (gotta get Samp Pro to get in there :unsure: )

Seriously, doesn't that irritate the hell out of you to be ignored for 5 days as if no one saw your post, though there's answers around it? I watched it all before, just under different names (forgot my old user names over time). Same old nonsense going on. ;)

SE is a very crippled version of Classic and Pro. It is designed for one purpose. Not to allow anyone to remain satisfied owning it becasue you would want the features out of reach that Classic and Pro have. It's a fancy demo but unsatisfying host for the long-term...FOR $50.00!! To add insult, the German magazine, KEYS, had it for free in their May 2006 issue on a CD. Ohhh, you didn't get the magazine? Well, that'll be $50.00 then!!! :)

24-bit/96Khz - (easy to implement higher rates, but leave it here or they might get too content and not buy the more expensive versions :unsure: )

Automatic latency compensation for Samplitude effects - 3rd party plug-ins don't qualify (they might get too content and not buy the more expensive versions :) )

First you offer it to a small demographic who has access to a music magazine for free while many don't have that opportunity (ok, I'll send $10 for the magazine purchase, but I want the GD magazine too). Then you insult those without that opportunity by saying, "Oh, you seem to be interested in this SE "demo" (which is all it is as far as I'm concerned)? Great, that'll be $50 [suckers]". I'm insulted because they know no one will want to keep that version for any serious work, banking that serious users will require the feature set of Classic and/or Pro. If users don't move up to Classic or Pro after using SE, they NEVER will, so there's no lost profit, yet you have to squeeze everyone for $50.00 just for that taste.

Ok, I've vented. I don't think it should necessarily be free, but asking more than $20.00 is arrogant in my book. What are you people, capitalists? :unsure: Bad PR. Oh, so is not answering slurves question for 5 days (or at all?). Makes me want to spend the money :)

Why be so presumptuous?

Well, I got the Samp SE in computermusic, and im not thinking it is a shit version... you get much for the money. Compared to other lite versions of software, like Cubase SE (that costing the double of Samp SE when buying it new) its a great software with much quality inside it. I liked the version and will do some of my work in it,and will upgrade to pro or classic later when i get money.

Ive tried Cubase, Logic, Tracktion, Sonar and i got best feeling in this SE version...

So now i will spare the money to upgrade it instead of upgrading my wavelab 4 to 6 (which is the same cost as upgrading Samp from SE to classical).