bobby yarrow

A Few Questions About Features Since Samp 7

Oh, 1 more little question:

Is it possible to set the pan position of an aux send differently from the pan position of the track? This is a smallish point, but something I do a lot with delays.

Right! I was with you tho. :wacko:

Anybody know anything about this last question? It's not a killer, but I often have a delay line panned opposite the dry track. Can be done by duplicating track, of course . . .

Oh, 1 more little question:

Is it possible to set the pan position of an aux send differently from the pan position of the track? This is a smallish point, but something I do a lot with delays.

Right! I was with you tho. :wacko:

Anybody know anything about this last question? It's not a killer, but I often have a delay line panned opposite the dry track. Can be done by duplicating track, of course . . .

Are you talking about the Aux Bus ? If thats what you mean the obvious thing would be to just pan the Aux Bus left or right and any signal you send to that will only appear left or right .post-1463-1156954276_thumb.jpg

Regards

Kraznet

Well, no, not that.

Here's the situation: you have a gtr track, you have a stereo delay on an aux buss. The gtr track is panned, say, hard right. You want the aux send to the delay to come in hard left, so the delayed signal appears on the left. This is possible in SX3, cause you can pan your sends separately from the track itself, but if it's not possible in Samplitude, it's easy enough to duplicate the track and send wet-only to the delay.

Here's the situation: you have a gtr track, you have a stereo delay on an aux buss. The gtr track is panned, say, hard right. You want the aux send to the delay to come in hard left, so the delayed signal appears on the left. This is possible in SX3, cause you can pan your sends separately from the track itself, but if it's not possible in Samplitude, it's easy enough to duplicate the track and send wet-only to the delay.

Yep, that can be done.

You have to go into the effects routing options for the guitar track (press the FX button) and move the track's "Pan" down below the "AUX Send". This way the original unpanned guitar signal will be sent to the aux channel before it reaches the track panning and you can then tweak the panning on the aux separate from the original guitar track.

Panning the aux channel with the delay effect to the left and the original guitar track to the right will give exactly the effect you are looking for. :wacko:

-tkr

Thank you! I'm sure that will make sense when I have Samplitude in front of me.

Which reminds me: I'm $600 lighter, having bought the upgrade from 7 classic to 9 pro today. The way the synthax site looks, it appears that might even be shipping!

You have to go into the effects routing options for the guitar track (press the FX button) and move the track's "Pan" down below the "AUX Send". This way the original unpanned guitar signal will be sent to the aux channel before it reaches the track panning and you can then tweak the panning on the aux separate from the original guitar track.

Even better: there is a Track Aux Routing dialog where you can setup the pan for each AUX send of the track.

Right click on the AUX slot in the mixer and choose "Track AUX Sends..." or (since V9) directly "AUX Pan Editor...".

And Bobby, welcome back from me, too.

Greetings,

Frank

Thanks.

Sidebar: Very excited to work in Samplitude at this point in my learning curve. I've been doing a lot of audio for about 6 years, but was still basically a hack when I 'switched' to Cubase. The last 2 years I've been doing audio nearly full-time, probably have 3,000+ hours in my studio and others since I last used Samplitude as my main program. So, while I look forward to Samplitude's advances since v7, I'm particularly excited because (I hope) I'm better situated to advantage of what the program can do.

Sidebar 2: It may be unbecoming to say so, but if I never have to launch another Steinberg program, I'll be very happy. It's hard to explain if you've never been a heavy Cubase user, but the program just has this way of embarrassing you at the worst possible moment.

Thanks again.

O.K. i think its pretty clear at this point that Kraznet and Tekker have to team up to write the award winning D.A.W. guide..: ' Samplitude 9 Power !! ' :o Great explanations guys !

I`d plunck down my $69.95 for that.... :wacko:

Best ,Rich

P.S Welcome back Bobby ..from one ex-SX`er to another.. ;)