All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Torkemada

Rehearsal lead guitar

Hy Marc, could you explain a little bit more ? Do you want to practise during song playback ? Therefore you could use the loop function. Just drag a region with your mouse in the bar meter and activate the loop function. Or is it more a technical question because you don't hear your lead guitar ? You could explain your setup a bit more (do you produce your guitar sound external or do you want to use an amp simulation plugin?) Next to the record button you have the monitoring button (loudspeaker symbol) kind regards Markus
  3. pilyser.hermans@gmail.com

Rehearsal lead guitar

Hello , does any one knows how to rehearsal without recording at the time in Samplitude Pro X4? I want to rehearsal my lead guitar parts before recording. Thx Marc
  4. Stroony

Midi Issue

Hi Kraznet, Thank you for your swift response, I have tried auto update to see if any updates are required but i have the latest version by the looks of it, i also checked for any loop sections but there are none? I am at a loss to be honest.... i have started a support request with magix so i will see what they have to say, Thanks again for your invaluable support, your tutorials are a real blessing! Best Wishes Les.
  5. Yesterday
  6. Kraznet

Midi Issue

Hi Les and welcome to the forum, There was an issue with recording midi in a earlier version of Samplitude Pro X4 if retrospective midi record was enabled but it should have been fixed now. What version are you using have you installed the latest update? If you have the latest update and it's still not working make sure you don't have a small loop section enabled further down the timeline because that can cause problems. Regards, Kraznet
  7. Stroony

Midi Issue

Hello, My name is Les Rothwell from the Uk, I have been using Samplitude for several years now but i have hit upon a problem with recording midi in Sam Pro X4 suite. I can't get any data to record into my session, i have checked Midi input/output and all is fine, my Arturia keyboard is inputting and metering, i have sound and record is enabled but there is still no midi being recorded when i play? i have wracked my brains but i am at a loss! Can anyone offer any advice for a possible solution? Many Thanks Les.
  8. Kraznet

Reopen altered Take Composer

Thanks for clarifying your method I will look into this. Regards, Kraznet
  9. Hi BX, Here's a video showing a test I did and how I restored the deleted revolver tracks. Regards, Kraznet Restoring deleted revolver tracks.mp4
  10. Ah alright. Where do the repeatingly undo´ ed audio-objects re-appear then? Just good to know to check a workflow on that and to bring back aligned and already editied audio as far as possible, in case. Here, I made a backup Project. THX BX
  11. byxx

Dear Kraznet, THX so much! I see. Given, I would import additional audio-objects onto empty revolvertracks in the project´s Arrange-Window (is it called like this?) and then open a fresh take composer. It will show all the tracks of the parental tracks then, each time I reopen TakeComposer, right? Cheers BX --------------- UPDATE: Besides recorded objects I can use imported ones as well from the project track "seen" in the TakeComposer, I guess. My thought is to save the edits in the TC and commence with edits later on.
  12. I can confirm this does actually happen if you delete a track which happens to have revolver tracks enabled you will lose the revolver tracks. But I also noticed if you undo one of the audio objects will return and if you undo again another one will return as well. So you don't lose the objects you just lose the revolver tracks. I agree it's not ideal but you should also get a prompt asking you whether you want to delete that track as a safety measure if you're about to accidentally delete it. If that message didn't appear press Y and go to the General tab and click on: Reset all "Don't show this message again" boxes. Regards, Kraznet
  13. Kraznet

Hi BX, When using the Take Composer you can only use it with the existing audio you recorded onto that track. Importing audio files recorded from elsewhere into the take composer is not supported. This is a limitation of the current design and probably the reason why they weren't remembered when you reopened the project. Regards, Kraznet
  14. Last week
  15. Hallo, bin mehr oder weniger neu in Samplitude, auch wenn es schon 'ne Weile her ist dass ich die pro X3 Suite gekauft hab'. Ich hab' die Angewohnheit meine MIDI Spuren was langsamer einzuspielen und auch die Automation div. Parameter lässt sich z.B. in einem weiteren Durchlauf gezielter aufnehmen. Wenn ich das Tempo des Projekts nach dem Einspielen wieder auf das eigentlich Tempo des Projekts setze, bleiben bei der X3 die Spuren der VSTi-Parameterautomation leider auf ihrer alten Position (vom alten Tempo) hängen und sitzen nicht mehr auf den dazugehörigen Noten, was von mir so nicht gewünscht ist. Für die vorherige Version von Samplitude gab es wohl 'ne Option die man bei Tempowechsel setzen konnte um das zu vermeiden, die irgendwie in der X3 für mich nicht mehr auffindbar ist. Das hängt unter Umständen mit der Tempo-Automation für Audio Spuren zusammen, die afaik mit der pro X3 hinzugefügt wurde. Hat jemand vielleicht eine Idee wie ich in Sampliture Pro X3 neben den Noten auch die VSTi-Parameter-Automationsspuren dazu bringen könnte dem Tempowechsel des Projekts zu folgen? Klar gibt es div. Workarounds, z.B. mich auf MIDI CC Automation zu beschränken (bisher von mir ungetestet) oder die VST-Automation mit wenigen Punkten mit der Maus zu skizzieren um sie leichter manuell anpassen zu können. Aber vielleicht kann mir ja jemand verraten welche Option ich setzen muss damit das automatisch passiert und ich ohne Workarounds zum Ziel komme. Irgendwie steh' ich auf dem Schlauch, vielleicht kann mir ja einer von euch weiter helfen!
  16. MASSIVE Mastering

Lookin' Tough, Feelin' Good

So, while trying to figure out why Samp is sluggish, I wondered what it must be like for you guys who actually ride it like you stole it. 95% of what I do is mastering (running one stereo track) and the other 5% is voiceover and miscellaneous "low-horsepower" stuff. I've never put Samplitude "to the test" like I'd imagine most people use it regularly. Wanted to see what that was like and reminisced about my mixing days in the process. Wandered over to Telefunken to grab some "demo" tracks - Found Turkuaz's "Lookin' Tough, Feelin' Good" stuffed away in there. Catchy tune, great musicians, etc. Loaded them all into Samplitude (PX4 for the record) and an hour or so later, came up with this: https://www.massivemastering.com/upload/files/users/DIRECT/TURKUAZ - Lookin Tough - Feelin Good.mp3 (Note: Yes, I realize it has some rough edges - this was a "see what the software will do" exercise - not a "do I still know how to mix" exercise). Even took a photo to prove that I can use more than 2 tracks (attached, I guess). Anyway -- I wasn't wasting a lot of time so I kept it simple - Almost all stock plugs (I think I used Waves Manny reverb though). EQ engaged on everything even if it didn't really need it, EFX plus all over the place. Gates, compressors, snare's verb, chorus. Ecox for the delay (what a freaky unit - never tried it before). 25-ish tracks, everything went to a buss (lightly processed all the busses also), those busses went to a main buss (where I eventually inserted Waves SSL comp just for fun), ran it out through the garden here and back in. No glitches, no issues, used some 32-bit plugs just to give it a twist, I don't think my DSP or Disk ever topped 30% -- Typically in the mid teens. IN OTHER WORDS (long story short), it didn't make a difference what I was doing. Two tracks or 25 tracks. Samp's performance was basically the same. What's my point? I have no idea. I was expecting it to be a horrendous ordeal. But I came out of it missing my old studio days instead. It was actually really fun. But in any case, it's nice (?) to know that Samp is either equally wonderful or equally crappy across the board. Back in the day (I mean back when it was Sek'd and what not) you added tracks and it added pain. Meh...
  17. Dear Community, I deleted a track accidently, which contained revolvertracks. After undo the revolvertracks got lost. I have Backups, okay, but don´t they recover with the track in a Undo? THX BX
  18. Dear Community, after opening the takecomposer on a vocal track I added several tracks in the take composer aand imported audio. Then the take composer was saved as Vip and I closed it. After reopening the Take Composer VIP it is not recognized as Takecomposer, but works in the normal multitrack default behaviour (monitoring all tracks). The parenting project itself opens a new take Composer showing only the tracks, it contains, while not having added my additional takeComposer tracks that now only occur in the newly created take composers VIP. So the take composer changes have not been recognized by the origin project. How can I make sure, that the take composer changes can be saved and reopend from the parenting projects track? or: How can I implement the new TakeComposer.VIP back into the parental project to be used again with comp mode etc.. THX BX PS: You see it in the attachment, that the reopened take composer.VIP is not attached any more to the project it stems from. No comp mode possible etc.The Tracks containing blue clips have been added and shall be used for further editing, when I reopen the take composer.
  19. So as the title suggests, the mouse won't change to linear mode when changing knob parameters even after changing the settings to "Knob characteristics same as faders". It seems that only the VST2 versions of the plugins are changing to Linear. All VST3 versions, however, are staying in Circular mode (including native plugins such as the Advanced Dynamics plugin, Multiband Stereo Enhancer, etc any plugin with knobs in it) I've also replicated this on several Plugin Alliance plugins. Is this a bug or am I missing something? Thanks James
  20. georgob

copy track with all elements

Don't think this is possible. Not implemented yet afaik. Georg
  21. TerryBritton

Samplitude Pro X3 VST2 Folder assignment

What I've done for my DAWs is I've moved ALL my plugins into folders named for the type of plugin they are, and all those folders reside within Program Files\VSTPlugins. That grants me a beautiful menu organization that crosses among all the DAWs. I always manually select the folder I want the 64-bit plugin installed into when running the installers. I do not use 32-bit plugins at all, and let them be installed wherever it wants, because I do not show my DAWs those folders, eliminating duplicate names. I've done this for several years now, inspired by a video by Tim Dolbear I embed below. Terry
  22. That's good to hear! Haven't tried it yet, but now I will Terry
  23. Well, along a bit with it and I've found that I can simply open the program on either device (workstation of mobile laptop) and work with it. I don't know if some background internet authoriation is going on, but seamless use with no indication or prompt for me to 'authorize' at each use.
  24. Hey Terry, I try not to move plugs too much, but may be I am wrong. I have spotted some locations which are pretty common and add these to Sequoia/ Samp. This practice on the other side leads to doublings of some PlugIns, which is not ideal for the look of the menues, too. Sometimes you see a Plugin inside a company folder plus an additional "(VST3)" Version in the pop ups etc. When I am really sure about deleting, I barely delete Plugs from a folder manually. After all the 3rd party Windows System feels a bit dated. Too many folders/locations/bit-Versions etc to have an eye on. I added Seq/Samp production to my DAW choices being experienced longer in OSX and have to dig in on best possible plugin-management more over time. THX BX
  25. TerryBritton

Yes, come to think of it as I am reading that, it does come to mind that I think Melodyne wants to install into Common Files. I likely changed it right away during the installation as it struck me as an odd place to put it, but then again all VST3 instruments go into Common Files by default universally now. The Program Files\VSTPlugins or Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins folders are far more typical for VST2 items that I've seen. Terry
  26. Windows installers do some strange things and place plugins to a lot of locations. Some companies even recommend the Common Files Folder and place VST2/VST3 here by default. But there is no overall standard, I guess. X4 does it good for now. However, manual replacement and search of 3rdParty-PlugIns seems to be a regular task in 21st century music production. I have to admit that these amounts of organisation never ocurred in OSX trying to get the best out of WIN. THX BX
  27. TerryBritton

First, although you have your folder in Applications/Common Files, that is not the standard location where most plugins you purchase will install themselves. So be certain to include both in Samplitude's search paths by using the folder-icon at the right and browsing to each folder where you will keep plugins. Every time you browse to a folder and scan it, that folder is added to Samplitude's internal list. I highly recommend against mixing 32-bit and 64-bit plugins in the same folder. If you have some old 32-bit plugins, place them in a separate folder labeled clearly, like VSTPlugins32. Terry
  1. Load more activity