All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Last week
  2. Andrew C

Object MIDI Volume

Yes, I know what you mean about using object automation to increase workflow. It is a very quick way of doing things and to be honest with you, I have never been a big fan of having my faders moving all over the place by themselves with track automation. Again, that is why I personally like to automate volume at the object level. It leaves me free to adjust my faders right down to the last second before I pull the trigger and mix down to stereo. My previous DAW had the ability to make ALL automation pre-fader, whether it be track or object, so you could automate like crazy and your faders wouldn't move, if you chose to select that option. This is probably the only feature I miss from my previous DAW, but the rest of it was garbage.
  3. byxx

Object MIDI Volume

Dear Andrew, thanks for all your insight. I am a big fan of objects automation and object editor since as you describe it can give flexible solutions without touching the faders too much or having to handle automation lanes from an early point on. I am with you. Would you make a difference between object freeze and a track bounce of the object´s location (bounce in place)? I am asking as the object freeze data ist stored in a specific folder not in the audio file section. Maye there is something to consider in your experience. I would find it useful to use the freezed objects audio and keep the Freeze Data until the end of composing and mixing as it is a fast workflow. THX Best regards BX
  4. Andrew C

Object MIDI Volume

byxx, I personally will freeze a MIDI object when I need to do a volume automation or volume change ONLY on those specific objects. I prefer doing things this way because volume changes on the object level are pre-fader, meaning that the fader will not move with those volume changes. You will hear the volume change, but it will not be seen as fader movement. I will tell you why this is important to me: I can still raise the volume up or down for that entire track with the mixer's fader even after the object's volume has been automated. On the other side of the coin, If you were to bounce the entire track to audio and then do volume automation changes, your mixer fader will be locked to the volume which has been written in the automation line. You cannot continue to "mix" with the fader after automation has been written. There always seems to be a time where I still want to be able to control the track's overall mix volume after I automate certain things, and this is why I try to do my major volume automation at the object level. And to answer your question about TRACK automation on MIDI objects: Yes, track volume automation on MIDI objects is controlling the audio volume, not the MIDI velocity. I hope I explained this satisfactorily without making it too confusing.
  5. byxx

Object MIDI Volume

Dear Andrew, good to know. Did some track freezing already. BTW. What is the difference to a regular track bounce, which would you prefer? The Object freeze seems quite practical and fast to me. Does it have any disadvantages in the longer run of building up larger projects with lots of MIDI clips? --- I guess regular track automation over MIDI Objects, as I hear it here works as Volume, not Velocity, right? So You always speak about the MIDI Object´s volume Slider inside the clip, as I would understand it. Kraznet also showed some advanced settings to also control the Velocity in a MIDI track with the mixer´s faders and it´s automation. I have not really tried it out yet, but seems to be a pit fall to know about, anyways a good feature, of course. THX
  6. Andrew C

Object MIDI Volume

One workaround is to freeze the MIDI object, and then you can adjust it's volume in the object editor. Also, you can apply object volume automation on it once it is frozen, whereas volume automation does not work on MIDI objects. Freezing a MIDI object is essentially a fully-reversible bounce to audio. You can always un-freeze the object back to MIDI to edit it.
  7. TotteG

Some new problems in ProX 4

Yes, as HHfallback say, there is a 32-bit bridge to use them in the 64-bit version of Pro X4 but it takes more resources and can be buggy with some plugins ... If you really need to use a lot of 32-bit plugins there is a 32-bit version of Pro X4 as well but it's not installed by default, you need to do a custom installation and select the 32-bit version. Regards, Thomas
  8. HHfallback

ahh,sorry i cant help you really .. i don't actually use sam (cos it never worked for me) .. but i spent a lot of time trying to get it to run stably ... a few months ago i found out sam4 was out,so i tried that for 2 weeks (only testing audio stability and not any features,while filling time editing a skin) then a friend said "i get 40% better usage in win10" so i went m/s and downloaded win10 .. all my spare time is used making my own install iso (without the spyware and hidden services) im only here cos i like the people
  9. Gabor Pelva

Thanks. First three problems are solved. But I'm tweaking with VSTI problem still. Yes I tried everything with Asio settings and monitoring. Strange things. When I load the built in Vita, same message appears, ignored it and Vita works. After this I change to anoter stuff, say Addictive drums, it works too, but after some manipulations it stopped again, mean no voice and visually nothig also. I will dig deeper to tutors about Sam and VSTIs.
  10. HHfallback

1) check your windows display settings (right click on desktop and select "screen resolution" ) .. some people are unaware they can make the desktop "bigger" .. if your using an old monitor/graphics card then it might not be able to support the larger screens needed by some programs ... im guessing here.but i *think* sam needs 1280x1024 at least (someone will be along to correct me soon if wrong) 2) drag the transport by the little handle on the top left side (if you use micro transport i *think* you can click on the time display? .. around there anyhoo) 3) yes,64bit sam will run 32bit pluggins ... it uses a software bridge,some plugs will work better than others ... now is a good time to start upgrading your 32bit plugs to 64 ... 32bit plugs are dead now 4) not sure about that one,cos it could be lots of things .. but i would start with sam asio audio settings,then the monitoring options ...
  11. I'm new in ProX 4. Before I used 11 pro. Now got some small problems and questions: 1. Can I resize the whole window, it seems too large for my screen? 2. Transport window is locked. How can I unlock it? It was comfortable to move it sometimes to different area. 3. I have a lot of 32 bit plugins and those are working, at least what I tested quickly. Will work the program with 32 bit plugins? 4. When I try to load VSTI instrument, Kontakt, Addictive drums etc., it appears, but I have a message: activate Asio driver, and Asio monitoring while my soundcard Asio is activated. I can't hear any sound from instruments, even with 64 bit Kontakt. Will the program work with 32 bit VSTI? Same message, when I load the built in instruments, Vita for example, but here I can hear the sound. What's the problem?
  12. Sascha

My band's debut album (done with ProX)

I don't like editing much if I can do a better take. Generally only edit technical faults like double triggers or velocity issues. A lot on my kit is highly modded DIY (normal shells with mesh heads, real (perforated low-volume) cymbals with my own sensoring underneath etc., so it plays mostly like an acoustic) but sometimes there's some garbage in the data stream that is definitely not from my limbs. But the e-kit is only a temporary solution (or for bar gigs sometime), we'd go for an a-kit as soon as we find a right (permanent) space.
  13. tonuli

Where are all the U-HE synths, haha... Great stuff! Did you edit the drums after recording, or did you work without MIDI editing?
  14. hi Sascha ! well done, sounds nice and good songs ! cheers ! Phil
  15. Earlier
  16. dmorrell

Listened to a couple of tracks. Nice work, in the pocket, sounds very organic. Two thumbs up.
  17. Just wanted to share this, as we've just finished up our debut album and put it online. My band 'The Board' is into alternative rock & indie, we're Berlin-based (although I'm the only German guy, the others are from Cape Town & Wales). Just formed the band in 2017, wanted to write 3 or 4 songs, put them online to get gigs. That was the plan. In the end we had 10 tracks, so we went for an album. Done entirely in ProX 3, I played all drums through my E-kit into Addictive Drums, bass is processed through Vandal, guitars are just miked up as-is. Only used internal plugins, along with u-he Presswerk & Satin, and Voxengo Span. If you like it, let us know on FB, subscribe & spread the word (we could need it...) https://www.facebook.com/theboardmusic/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGfmXGuJbW2KyK6JaQJnA8A
  18. byxx

Object MIDI Volume

Thanks, Kraznet. Will work on track level.
  19. Kraznet

Object MIDI Volume

I'm afraid you can't you can only affect volume on the track level not the object level. Regards, Kraznet
  20. byxx

Object MIDI Volume

Dear Kraznet, you walk the object´s automation route, which will work of course. I thought more on the object´s velocity slider. Can I set this to Volume as it would work in the Audio Object...?
  21. Kraznet

Object MIDI Volume

Right click on the fader and make sure you have "controls Audio Track Volume" selected. Regards, Kraznet
  22. Dear Community, How to control the volume of a MIDI clip? Other than Audio the objects level control adjusts the velocity not the volume. I tend to avoid track automation. MAybe there is a way to use the objects functionality. THX BX
  23. tellerrandmusik

Loop aufziehen

Woher kommt denn dieser? Ich habe noch den Music Maker 2016 Live, da füge ich über Soundpools solche Loops ein. In Samplitude X4 (Suite) gibt es die Soundpool-Option ja nicht. Da muss man dann sehen, ob es ein gelooptes Objekt aus dem Soundpool ist (steht im Objekt) oder nur eine Audio-Datei. Einige Funktionen(Optionen erreicht man über das Menü oben andere über das Kontextmenü auf dem Objekt. Aber das sollte ja klar sein, Windows wird ja ähnlich aufgeteilt, was Menüs angeht.
  24. msparti

new release....

I think its ok... but could have been mixed and mastered better if done by a pro. It is only digital delivery for now... if I ever get cd's of vinyl made I will probably have someone remix it. https://khromerodent.hearnow.com/ Originally recorded years ago with Fostex D80 @ 16bit, and a midi-sync'd Roland R-70 drum machine in various basements and spaces.... Then years later imported into Samplitude and added Toontrack (CV kit) with Eddie Kramer Tape, Tubes & Transistors on every track to simulate a studio console .... plus a few other fx of course. I basically wanted all the tracks to sound like they were recorded at the same time and in same studio with the same amps and drumkit. when it was recorded we didn't have funds for real studiotime.
  25. Dear Community, I am looking for key commands for the scrub to the right button in the transport window. Maybe there is a way to let the slow downed playback roll with a single key stroke also. At the moment, It is designed to run as long as you hold that button with the mouse in the default. THX BX
  1. Load more activity