All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Hey Terry, having read everything now I will check it out ASAP. Great help here!!
  3. TerryBritton

changing FX order in Object editor

Might have - I hope you also saw my addendum concerning EQ116 that I just entered in an edit. Terry
  4. Ah, great!! Thanks to you both!! I am not sure if Georg already referred to the OE, maybe I did not get it. :-) Best Tim
  5. TerryBritton

In the object editor, above the plugins slots there is a little blue button that you can press to deactivate or activate all of them at once. However, the trick you are looking for is in right-clicking on that button. That exposes a dialog similar to the one Georg mentioned for tracks that allows you to select a plugin and use the arrow keys to change its position. Beneath the plugins is a little arrow next to the letters FX. Dropping down that menu permits you to insert EQ116. (*Do that first, as it replaces whatever else is entered there.) Then you can add your other plugins, and after that use the right-click on the little blue button trick to re-order them. Terry
  6. Dear Georg, Dear Terry, can I change the order in the OE, lets say the fixed EQ there and the (entire) plugIn section? Of course you can assign an EQ into the plugIn section of the OE´s. I guess, you are referring to the channel strip´s order. Just wondering about the ObjEditors overall ordering... THX!! Best regards Tim
  7. Right click on the Plugin button to open the FX dialog. Change the order there to your taste. The Objects come first, then the mixer. This you cannot change. Georg
  8. TerryBritton

I insert an EQ as a plugin in the object editor if I need one in an object. Then I can position it anywhere I like in the chain within the object itself. Maybe I am not following what your situation is. Terry
  9. Dear Terry, Thanks very much!! can you change the order of the eq and plugin section in the ObjEditor? THX BX
  10. TerryBritton

byxx, I am rather certain that object plugins are entirely separate from track plugins. I'm also pretty sure that they come first and then pass through the track plugins. I've been wrong before, but that is my experience of it. Terry
  11. Last week
  12. ok, found the culprit. AM Track, a Magix plugin caused this. sigh
  13. X3 here, Working on a stereo track, did some edits, time stretching, crossfades. (Project with midi, mono and stereo tracks) On playback I randomly loose my left channel, like a dull pop sound first, then mute. When I restart the Program it plays fine, until it happens again (it won't take long) Any ideas what that might be? Thanks!
  14. Dear Community, Does the change of the PlugIn order in the channel strip effect the plugin order in the object editor? for instance : How to put the EQ section before the PLUG In section in the OE? thx cHEERS bx
  15. I need to sell some of my plugins that I rarely use... Up for grabs is the Sonalksis Essentials Bundle and the Multi-band Dynamics Bundle. The Essentials Bundle contains: -SV-315Mk2 Compressor -SV-517Mk2 Equaliser -SV-719 Analogue Gate The Multi-band Dynamics Bundle contains: -CQ1 Multiband Compander -DQ1 Dynamic Equaliser The public price according to the Sonalksis Homepage is 190 + 140 = 330 Euros (http://www.sonalksis.com/plug-ins.html) Since there seems to be a high license transfer fee of 75 Euros or so, I can't sell the plugins super cheap, but I guess 200 Euros would be fair? (I'll pay the transfer)
  16. Dear Community, can I achieve the proper synced connection to notation software with Samplitude? It does not work after all in a first attempt. I am looking for a way as shown here with connecting independent software with rewire. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X7pi-OeMK4 I use a lot of different (music-) software and it sometimes is a wish to connect/sync some of them. Rewire seems to be a standard, so I checked it out with sampX4. Here´s some experience I made so far: I managed to let sibelius getting started by samplitude and vice versa (both apps running in 64 bit mode): ocurring issues now are: - The audio is not played back into the channel strip of samplitude - The timing is not in sync (visually and sonically) #1: Rewire Audio Playback My first step now would be to get the audio of sib into the rewire channel strip in samp, which rewire should! do automatically as far as I can understand the infos, but does not in my project´s case . The track type at the moment hosting rewire is a MIDI Strip in my samp project. I think samp switched the created initial AUX strip to a MIDI strip, when rewire was inserted from the plugIn browser (Instruments>Rewire>sibelius7). The question here is: Is the MIDI Type the right choice for Samplitude regarding a rewire instance ( as Aux channels are recommended in other tutorials for rewire) ? I guess, there are further actions necessary in the audio settings and I tried the following so far in the audio settings: software monitoring, hardware monitoring etc...no success. Okay... ----------------------------------- #2: Synchronisation/Timing of two apps with Rewire Next thing would be the aspect of timing/synchronisation of both applications which is not given at the moment. I was hoping for timing offsets in some rewire settings, whether ms or beats etc., but was not lucky to figure out, how the proper sync could be achieved manually, which would help for the time being. It more seems to me that rewire offers no further settings regarding this, but not sure... I would not subscribe to let the syncing completely be left to the rewire interface solely with regard to other timecode settings, where you in most cases find the chance to offset the timing manually, too. I did not experience yet that it reliable works plus I have no chance to adjust the sync. Would you suggest to apply a timecode offset from samplitude´s side (but how to take effect on the rewire connection?) More Experience I would like to put some more time in syncing independent software and would be glad if you could report your results in that respect maybe with some settings and a step by step guide for samplitude/sibelius. THX for help!! BX My external rewire software: AVID sibelius 7.1.3 Sibelius 2019
  17. werner

SampX4-Melodyne object-level

Das ist wohl eher ein feature request und meines Wissens nach nicht möglich, die Amplitude muss in Melodyne geändert werden. Ich lasse die bearbeitete Spur immer so wie sie ist und exportiere in neuen track.
  18. Dear Community, I work on a MIDI/Audio project with some VSTs. the transport windows information regarding the current beats is not in sync to the timeline. Its a beat too late. Also the Melodyne editor (ARA) in Samplitude is not in sync, too, which would be desireable to get a visual clue of the right spots of the waveform, when tuning. How to achieve proper sync for those issues (manually)? Where to check some boxes and such ;-))?? THX!! BX
  19. DEar Community, when working with Melodyne and leaving a clip in the ARA Melodyne Mode, the objects volume cannot be changed. As you can see in the attachment you can see a level change but it is not audible. I would like to keep a flexible workflow and dont want to freeze the melodyned tracks yet. Is there a way to get normal audio handling with ARA/melodyne active in a clip? THX
  20. Guest

User

Track one is recorded on track two with my new instrument. How do I stop that?
  21. Earlier
  22. Torkemada

Behringer Monitor2USB

Update, If anyone is interested. I have bought a Mackie Big Knob Studio. It works out of the box in Linux and it is a really fine device . Now I do search via the Internet for informations about how to prepare windows for DAW use and then I make a fresh install for samplitude exclusive.
  23. Thanks for you reply resolectric. Yeah, that's what i thought about the focusrite, just wondered if if was possible to sync over MIDI or USB?
  24. Unfortunately it seems the Focusrite 2i2 doesn't allow for Clock sync, either as a Master or a Slave. It would be highly advisable to have both interfaces synced to the same clock, otherwise your recordings will be out of sync with each other.
  25. Hi, First post from me. I've been using Samplitude for a number of years now, and would like to thank Kraznet on his great tutorials on a fantastic piece of software. What I'm trying to work out is, how to record on two separate computers simultaneously. My scenario is, I have one tower PC over at the bands rehearsal room running ProX3 with a Delta 1010lt sound card with 8 audio inputs, I've also got a laptop running ProX3 which I use with a Focusrite scarlett 2i2. What I'm trying to achieve is to record drums on the 8 tracks of the Delta AND record two guide guitar tracks on the laptop at the same time. Then I would like to export the two tracks from the laptop into the samplitude session on the tower PC and hope it syncs up in time. Is there a way of doing this? as I don't really want to buy another audio interface with more inputs. Cheers Cass.
  26. Equalizer

Are sales usually in September?

Yes, indeed! Sometimes these various forums keep me sane to a degree! For Samplitude, they don't do it every year - but for products like Sound Forge and Vegas (and now Acid), they do, or it sure seems like they do... Vegas was a new version last fall, and now already they are making a sale for upcoming new version 17. It's like when companies like Corel have the year number as part of the name - "Painter 2016/2017/2018/etc". I guess it's good Samplitude has not been put on this forced schedule yet (although it appears the major updates are still forced even if not every year, from the bugs you mentioned!) Your feedback is very useful though, because actually, yes, I will be only doing one track at a time, or mixing. So the big bad bug is only for multi-track recording? That's good to know! Makes me happier I decided to upgrade now after all. For some reason I am really looking forward to doing some creative editing and mixing with the object-based effects. Even though Cubase has similar with Direct Offline Process (non-destructive, although it's not realtime, has to render the effects first), it does seem very nice and smooth. The other thing which for some reason really grabbed me was that drawing automation directly on the tracks, not even in the lanes, just felt very smooth... like something I would like to do more often. Whereas drawing in other DAWs usually yields too many data points, etc. Funny thing is I decided to try the demo of DP10 to see how it looked, as I haven't touched it since DP 5 or 6 (I was on Mac then, PC now)... it's still the same... grandiose in features, but very hard to look at! ESPECIALLY on PC - kudos to them for porting it and all, but it feels like a ported application... Dragging dividers to resize areas, the content area flickers horribly, interface text is so small to read. (yeah you can resize, but everything gets bigger or smaller, so to get the text legible, your other areas are similar as if you are at 800x600 resolution!) I know it has some very powerful features like pre-rendering/freezing tracks all the time in the background, and can manage multiple-hour projects which is why film people like it, but eck - Cubase, and ESPECIALLY Samplitude, just feel like you're on the bare metal of the computer, as it were, instead of fly-by-wire/remote!
  27. resolectric

Are sales usually in September?

No, Magix is a serious company with lots of history. They won't release a new version every year. Still, regarding version stability, X3 is you best bet for the moment but mainly because some of the bugs in X4 are a "no-go" for multitrack recording. If you're composing in "one pass" or Mixing, X4 is the way to go. If you buy X3 and then compare with the new features in X4, you'll want X4 too. Maybe wait for the version update in X4 and see if the major bugs are solved. It's now on 15.1.1.236 and that is the "faulty" version, sync wise. No need to thank, it's always nice to engage in pleasant conversation on the web. Reminds me of "Ham" radio!
  1. Load more activity